• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Discretion or butting into someone else's business.

164 posts in this topic

People asked for references, he said he had none.

And the fact that one comic from the collection was not trimmed, does not mean that others from the collection are not. This is NOT an original owner collection.

Tell you what, you send the following books to Matt for pro-screening, and if none of them come back trimmed/restored, I will pay for the pro-screens and your shipping. If some of them come back restored/trimmed, its on you.

FF #2, #6, #12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27, 34. Maybe others, but these are the ones that look the most suspicious.

Then you can scan the pro-screen invoice from Matt and scan the books and no one will give you any problems. You might ask him for grades too while you are at it.

Just for the record, the seller has not taken me up on my offer to have the books pro-screened.

People asked for references, he said he had none.

And the fact that one comic from the collection was not trimmed, does not mean that others from the collection are not. This is NOT an original owner collection.

Tell you what, you send the following books to Matt for pro-screening, and if none of them come back trimmed/restored, I will pay for the pro-screens and your shipping. If some of them come back restored/trimmed, its on you.

FF #2, #6, #12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27, 34. Maybe others, but these are the ones that look the most suspicious.

Then you can scan the pro-screen invoice from Matt and scan the books and no one will give you any problems. You might ask him for grades too while you are at it.

Just for the record, the seller has not taken me up on my offer to have the books pro-screened.

:o

More real shockers in General!

Maybe he is waiting in the bowling alley, lowballer.

:baiting:

the-big-lebowski-3.jpg

why are you posting pictures of Roy in this thread?

Maybe he is waiting in the bowling alley, lowballer.

:baiting:

the-big-lebowski-3.jpg

why are you posting pictures of Roy in this thread?

lol

He could be called Captain Purple Pants. ^^

Has anyone else bought books from paper_only and not received them?

I have. Paid for two books from Strange Tales sales thread. After some excuse about not being able to find one of the books, I've heard nothing after emails and PMs. No books. No refund. No explanation.

Besides selling trimmed books, he also appears to be a plain old crook.

I'm not out a lot of money. But it's unfortunate, that people dishonest people are selling on the boards. All my other purchases from board members have been great, and I look forward finding more books.

Do not buy from paper_only, if he shows up on the boards again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you sell books here on the forum, the books can be returned for "any" reason with your money back and you do not have to state "books can be returned" in your selling thread?

If it's not automatically understood that you must take returns, shouldn't it be?

I see a lot of sales threads where the usual stuff about grade, price and shipping but I see a "return" policy sometimes left out.

Should this be in a post of it's own?...I hope I'm not too far off track with this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you sell books here on the forum, the books can be returned for "any" reason with your money back and you do not have to state "books can be returned" in your selling thread?

If it's not automatically understood that you must take returns, shouldn't it be?

I see a lot of sales threads where the usual stuff about grade, price and shipping but I see a "return" policy sometimes left out.

Should this be in a post of it's own?...I hope I'm not too far off track with this.

There are few rules associated with the Marketplace, other than those related to what you list and how you list it.

Returns, shipping policy, grading, payment methods...they are all entirely at the seller's discretion. And obviously the decision to consequently purchase under those terms is at the buyer's discretion.

If somebody wants to sell on the basis of 'no returns under any circumstances', they can. Clearly you'd have to be a bit dense to purchase under those terms, but there's nothing to stop a seller doing it. (thumbs u

From the probation Thread.

Unfortunately, need to add paper_only to the do not buy from list. Paid for two books from his Strange Tales sale thread. After I paid, seller said he couldn't find one of the two books.

After that, nothing. No books. No emails. Does not respond to emails or PMs. No refund of money.

Do not buy from paper_only, he appears to be a crook and should not be allowed to sell on the boards.

:popcorn: