• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Discretion or butting into someone else's business.

164 posts in this topic

For everyone that has won/bought a book in the thread and has already paid, I willl gladly return the payment.

If there is any foubt at all. do not buy. I wil admit that some of the books look trimmed. I do not know. Looks like it is best if I submit them and get CGC opinion.

Not sure what else I can say.

I will answer any ther questions you may have. I just pulled in to eat and will be back online in about 30.

right now I want to know what is going on with my images I posted. Pretty ironic that they seem to be removed. Someone is screwing with me pretty bad.

I apologize for not stating that. I thought the matter was clear to me after I had sent in the previous books a while back.

right now I want to know what is going on with my images I posted. Pretty ironic that they seem to be removed. Someone is screwing with me pretty bad.

I apologize for not stating that. I thought the matter was clear to me after I had sent in the previous books a while back.

I think, as others have mentioned, you exceeded your storage limit on photobucket.

scans are all back now. Very bad timing for that to happen... BUt tell me specifically which books are timmed looking. Dale mentioned 3 of them. are there others? I will email the buyer(if any any) and tell them the concerns. Or maybe someone already has.

I meant no harm here.

scans are all back now. Very bad timing for that to happen... BUt tell me specifically which books are timmed looking. Dale mentioned 3 of them. are there others? I will email the buyer(if any any) and tell them the concerns. Or maybe someone already has.

I meant no harm here.

That is why I never mentioned your name or what you were selling. Hoping that you were a good guy.

i don't think anyone is upset at you, just trying to err on the side of caution.

that being said, it's hard for a new person here to be able to satisfy the somewhat rigorous standards demanded by some here with respect to disclosure. would have been hard for you to know in advance, which is another good reason for a person wanting to sell to the community to spend some time here before doing so

OK, this is good that there is dialogue going on about the situation. Hopefully the books might turn out to be untrimmed. Is there a consensus though on how this kind of situation should be handled in future?

I meant no harm here.

Kudos to you for not getting too upset about all the questions and discussion, that says a lot of :cloud9: about you right there.

We've seen numerous crooked ebay sellers, undisclosed trimming and restoration, badly overgraded books and our share of scams on in our selling area. You may be the Mother Teresa of comic selling but we just don't know who you are or if we should trust you.

Welcome to the boards.

understood. Of the books in question..I am thinking they are 12-18. ONly one of those actually sold.Those are the ones that came from the collection I obtained a year back.

I can just pull these and eith submit them or hang on to them for now. Are there others in question? Dale?

someone did post that bought some books from my Strange Tales thread and he had no problems. Recieved book and approved my grading. He posted this in my FF thread.

My battery is about to go on my computer and I will be out of the loop for another couple of hours.

someone did post that bought some books from my Strange Tales thread and he had no problems. Recieved book and approved my grading. He posted this in my FF thread.

My battery is about to go on my computer and I will be out of the loop for another couple of hours.

Yeah...The Strange Tales I bought all look OK to me...all in the VG range....nothing high grade or very expensive.

What's up Greg? :hi:

I can personally vouch for paper_only, I've known Greg for 10+ years buying/selling books in person, on racm, ebay, and seeing him at local shows here in Raleigh.

Greg showed me this collection in person and posted many of the key books here on the boards in the "Please grade my" forum. I remember a nice AF 15, some nice early Hulks 1-6, etc.,. And yes, there were a lot of comments that some of the books look trimmed, and lots of low-ball grade estimates (as usual). Greg sent the big books to CGC, and I believe they all came back blue...I remember specifically that the AF 15 came in higher than the forum estimate, and the Hulks too. Anyhow, he sold them on ebay (maybe he sold some here, I don't remember), and you can see his feedback for yourself.

I haven't see Greg since that day I saw all these books raw, and his "welcome to the boards" wasn't too smooth...so I'm not surprised he's not posted much.

Anyhow, that's what I know about paper_only!

I can personally vouch for paper_only, I've known Greg for 10+ years buying/selling books in person, on racm, ebay, and seeing him at local shows here in Raleigh.

Greg showed me this collection in person and posted many of the key books here on the boards in the "Please grade my" forum. I remember a nice AF 15, some nice early Hulks 1-6, etc.,. And yes, there were a lot of comments that some of the books look trimmed, and lots of low-ball grade estimates (as usual). Greg sent the big books to CGC, and I believe they all came back blue...I remember specifically that the AF 15 came in higher than the forum estimate, and the Hulks too. Anyhow, he sold them on ebay (maybe he sold some here, I don't remember), and you can see his feedback for yourself.

I haven't see Greg since that day I saw all these books raw, and his "welcome to the boards" wasn't too smooth...so I'm not surprised he's not posted much.

References. :applause:

Bought a midgrade FF #9 & #25, I thought the grading might be off a little but not sure about trim. member: "Bronze age fan" replied in the thread he received his Strange Tales and looked to be okay. I was very happy finding mid grade copies to have graded

by CGC. I'm only hoping to get back both books @ 5.0 blue label. I will let everyone

know what happens.

Almost everyone who gets an accurately graded book delivered safely is happy. The drama begins when the book is graded and receives a trimmed designation and the purple label. At this point the happiness usually ends.

Unfortunately all the buyers of these books will not know if they were trimmed until they come back from CGC, and we know how trigger happy they have been on trimmed books lately.

Hmmmm? Seems like paper_only has a very good reference. (Probably should have mentioned knowing Mike, but...) I'm not sure it's necessary to suspend the sales thread, it's probably sufficient to give a 60-day return privilege if a book comes back in purple or if CI detects anything.