• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legal Size Scanner thread.
48 48

1,634 posts in this topic

Recently picked up a Microtek i800 on ebay for $200 and I'm really happy with it.

Like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microtek-ScanMaker-i800-Desktop-Scanner-ICE-/260845837770?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbb9f9dca

Yep. (thumbs u

Very cool, seller has no feedback at all, but if it stays at 20 bucks i'll give the guy a shot.

I bought a Brother MFC-8480DN that is an all-in-one legal size scanner and laser printer that has worked great.

A scan is worth a 1000 words.

:gossip:

Recently picked up a Microtek i800 on ebay for $200 and I'm really happy with it.

Like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microtek-ScanMaker-i800-Desktop-Scanner-ICE-/260845837770?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbb9f9dca

Yep. (thumbs u

Very cool, seller has no feedback at all, but if it stays at 20 bucks i'll give the guy a shot.

Now that you've publicly posted the link prepare to be outbid.

lol

Upgraded to the MUSTEK 2400 and loving it. Takes about 5 seconds to scan an 11x17 page :cloud9:

Don't know how it handles slabs. I use a HP SCANJET 4000 for those

it works great for OA and photos plus I love the black backgound (not white like most others), but it stinks for slabs. I know because I have one myself.

I bought a Brother MFC-8480DN that is an all-in-one legal size scanner and laser printer that has worked great.

A scan is worth a 1000 words.

:gossip:

doh! Made a few days ago. I found it actually made a better scan if I left the lid open on both slabs and raw books.

YoungMen25CGC.jpg

Like this one?

Yep. (thumbs u

Now that you've publicly posted the link prepare to be outbid.

lol

I hope thats not the case, but it wont be the end of the world if I don't get it.

I'm still partial to my HP 7780 AIO.

Exciting60cgc92.jpg

Still go for over $100 on ebay, but I think the scan quality alone is worth it. Haven't had much use for it as a printer of fax, only recently swapped out one of the initial trial-size cartridges after three years, so I can't speak to those functions.

I'm still partial to my HP 7780 AIO.

Exciting60cgc92.jpg

Still go for over $100 on ebay, but I think the scan quality alone is worth it. Haven't had much use for it as a printer of fax, only recently swapped out one of the initial trial-size cartridges after three years, so I can't speak to those functions.

Those are both nice scans. The AIO is tempting because my current printer is crappy too. I've been meaning to break bown and pick up a legal scanner for years now so I think it's time to bite the bullet and do it. hm