• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legal Size Scanner thread.
48 48

1,632 posts in this topic

After some Tech investigation, I know why the 8500 doesn't work with slab. It uses CIS technology instead of CCD. CIS has many advantage but a very small depth of view making it blurry for slab.

Unfortunately, it s the same for the 7500 and the exemode :sorry:

DO NOT go to the HP8500 for slabs, I just got one and while I like the raw scans better than the previous HP All-In-Ones the slab scans are blurry. My last one was a 7310 and was great for slabs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Officejet-7310-All-In-One-Inkjet-Printer-WORKS-GREAT-/300520627132?pt=COMP_Printers&hash=item45f86cdbbc

Several of these on Ebay.

DO NOT go to the HP8500 for slabs, I just got one and while I like the raw scans better than the previous HP All-In-Ones the slab scans are blurry. My last one was a 7310 and was great for slabs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Officejet-7310-All-In-One-Inkjet-Printer-WORKS-GREAT-/300520627132?pt=COMP_Printers&hash=item45f86cdbbc

I have one of these HP 7310 scanners. The scans are great but there is some clouding under the glass that I can't get to unless I take the thing apart. Causes spots to show up on black backgrounds. Can any of you 7310 owners tell me how to dissemble it?

I am in Tokyo, it would cost me to much to ship one from US. But I found some cheap Epson GT20000, it uses CCD techology and not CID and it looks pretty solid scanner

I said it before, but for about $1k used on Ebay , you can get an Epson GT-2000, which is an insanely good scanner.

9600 dpi

11.70" x 17" bed

600 x 1200 dpi Hardware and up to 9600 dpi total.

Here's a sample scan that I had to crop down.. It's still 5mb, so be wary. (the original full slab is 30mb at 1200 dpi)

The detail and color accuracy is insane.

Scan Example

Edited by sl4ppy

Upon recommendations from Gator I bought the HP 7410 All-in-one. Works great! Bought it refurbished on ebay and cost me under $200.

Wasn't it the other GA....?

Upon recommendations from Gator I bought the HP 7410 All-in-one. Works great! Bought it refurbished on ebay and cost me under $200.

Holy that thing is HUGE!

That's what she said.....

Finding some nice pricing on Ebay and what not, just trying to think of where I can put it. Still live in an apartment, so space it tight right now.

Did I recommend it to GA?

Possibly. We both had a version prior I believe(I had the 7310), and when I upgraded to the 8500 I just about carped myself it was so bad.

Wasn't it the other GA....?

was it you that recommended this scanner? damn all you old folks look alike to me

You were drunk.

Wait, that's not going to be any different than any other day, is it?

You did drunk buy the wrong scanner at first.