• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legal Size Scanner thread.
48 48

1,634 posts in this topic

I was in a local pawn shop recently to have a look at their dvd selection and found a HP 7400C which is a legal sized scanner which I bought for 10 bucks.

Anyone else have one of these?

I could not get it to work on my main comp under Win7 due to there being no drivers. I did managed to get it working on my older winXP machine and here is the result:

Planet52_zpsb2a80778.jpg

Why am I having trouble posting images in a thread. I click add an image and put in the url via imgur and it comes out like this:

Jqj57#0

[ img ] http://i.imgur.com/De09CPIh.jpg [/img ]

Your url points to a web address as opposed to an image. Look at BlowUpTheMoon's link. You'll see it has .jpg at the end, which is an image file.

I don't use imgur, so I don't know where there is a hand link to post in these type of threads, but you can right click the image and select "copy shortcut" which will give you this:

http://i.imgur.com/De09CPIh.jpg

and you can wrap the img tags around that

My all in one printer was about to die, so I purchased the HP8600 plus today. I get a great image, but the label is blurry. I have only used the default setting and from reading here looks like the dpi needs to be adjusted? I haven't had time to mess with everything yet, so wondering if anyone else has one of these?

De09CPIh.jpg

Got it, thanks for the help. Might switch over to photobucket, I've just heard people having issues with it.

Anyway, this is a scan direct from my recently purchased HP8300. Got it used for about $85 shipping and all off ebay. Works great and was shipped fast, seller had good communication. So if anyone's looking for a scanner I posted the link a few pages back. Last I checked the seller had 8 or 9 more.

Edited by kapzilla

I was in a local pawn shop recently to have a look at their dvd selection and found a HP 7400C which is a legal sized scanner which I bought for 10 bucks.

I could not get it to work on my main comp under Win7 due to there being no drivers. I did managed to get it working on my older winXP machine and here is the result:

Planet52_zpsb2a80778.jpg

I own one now just purchased today after recommendations from Darrel F, God of Thunder, and a few others. The scan here just shows how great they come out.

Hi everyone,

I just had a good read of this thread last night and thanks to everyone's comments and inputs and opinions, I decided to source the 8250 off eBay. I have an older printer/scanner but when I dusted it off to try to scan some stuff on the weekend, I realized the surface wasn't even big enough to get an entire CGC slab, plus the scan turned out HORRIBLE.

So thanks all and hopefully I'll be able to contribute some images in the new year.

Hi everyone,

I just had a good read of this thread last night and thanks to everyone's comments and inputs and opinions, I decided to source the 8250 off eBay. I have an older printer/scanner but when I dusted it off to try to scan some stuff on the weekend, I realized the surface wasn't even big enough to get an entire CGC slab, plus the scan turned out HORRIBLE.

So thanks all and hopefully I'll be able to contribute some images in the new year.

Congrats! :applause: IMHO, the 8250/8300 series never fails to disappoint... (thumbs u

Still working on taking out the light glare when scanning slabs on mine, to obtain a more colorful, presentable image... hm

Hi everyone,

Congrats! :applause: IMHO, the 8250/8300 series never fails to disappoint... (thumbs u

Still working on taking out the light glare when scanning slabs on mine, to obtain a more colorful, presentable image... hm

Me too it does throw a glare on the top or bottom also HP doesn't have a windows 8 driver for this model so it took me a little bit of work to get my working on my new computer also make sure your usb cable is shorter then 10 feet my would not work with a 10+ foot cord

Planet52_zpsb2a80778.jpg

I own one now just purchased today after recommendations from Darrel F, God of Thunder, and a few others. The scan here just shows how great they come out.

Let's see a scan!

I think the book in my scan looks awesome, but the label is not so good.