• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finch moves to DC

18 posts in this topic

DC announced via it's online blog today that David Finch was signing an exlusive contract to DC. I'll miss Finch on Marvel books, but I'm wondering if this is just the first in a series of moves of exclusive creators swapping between the big two. It's happened before in the past.

Source: http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/01/05/superstar-artist-david-finch-signs-exclusive-contract-with-dc/

He's a fantastic artist! As a Marvel zombie, I hate that he won't be drawing my characters professionally for the foreseeable future, but I'm sure this was a welcome change for him, so I'm thrilled for him. (thumbs u

Besides, it won't stop me from getting Marvel-based sketches from him at shows.

I'm sure DC will have him draw variant covers to boost sales of all their titles to warm up. Eventually, once Bruce Wayne returns as Batman, he'll go on the flagship title for a six issue story arc. Afterwards, DC will put him on a lesser title to boost sales. Maybe JLA or Superman?

Cheers!

N.