• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's finally time to put Danny Dupcak out of business auction FUNDRAISER
2 2

607 posts in this topic

I presume everyone has received the book(s) they purchased, but if not please PM me. (thumbs u

Thanks again to everyone who participated! :applause:

Progress is being made in the case. :gossip: (thumbs u

So why does it cost 3K to bring Danny to justice? Where does the 3K go? How much of your own $ have you put up for this case?

Read the earlier posts. Mark is donating his time, the funds are for another shyster who specializes in family law.

I presume everyone has received the book(s) they purchased, but if not please PM me. (thumbs u

Thanks again to everyone who participated! :applause:

Progress is being made in the case. :gossip: (thumbs u

So why does it cost 3K to bring Danny to justice? Where does the 3K go? How much of your own $ have you put up for this case?

Read the earlier posts. Mark is donating his time, the funds are for another shyster who specializes in family law.

i cant believe i missed the auction... :pullhair:

can paypal donations still be sent,or were enough funds raised to cover the costs?

1) The immediate case is *not* about bringing Danny to justice, but about getting additional child support for his illegitimate progeny.

2) Through this case, Mark hopes to get access to Danny's illicit financial network, including potentially-fraudulent comic business, thereby using that in future cases.

People can spend their money any way they choose, and other lawyers have brought up the obvious ethical issues (like what if Danny goes to jail, thereby cutting off all support?), but I'm getting the feeling that since "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree", no one really gives a rat's butt about Little Danny Jr in all this.

1) The immediate case is *not* about bringing Danny to justice, but about getting additional child support for his illegitimate progeny.

2) Through this case, Mark hopes to get access to Danny's illicit financial network, including potentially-fraudulent comic business, thereby using that in future cases.

[font:Arial Black]People can spend their money any way they choose, and other lawyers have brought up the obvious ethical issues (like what if Danny goes to jail, thereby cutting off all support?), but I'm getting the feeling that since "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree", no one really gives a rat's butt about Little Danny Jr in all this.[/font]

I care. I have worked with Jan on and off while I was at CGC. She can use the $ and I have seen too many cases where the apple does fall very far from the tree.

You don't need to be in this thread if you are going to be so negative, without any proof, about his ex-wife and kid.

You don't need to be in this thread if you are going to be so negative, without any proof, about his ex-wife and kid.

Steve, you need to reread my comment, rather than just skimming it and firing off like a drunken sailor. doh!

I am simply wondering, as others have as well - including several lawyers, if Jan and Danny Jr are the clients, why Mark is seeking to gather evidence against their 'source of income", curtailing it greatly, or possibly ending it totally if Danny actually gets jail time.

The thread title is: It's finally time to put Danny Dupcak out of business auction, which leaves no question as to the purpose of the money spent. It's not "let's get Danny to fulfill his familial obligations" as you would expect in a child support case...

If Jan "needs the money" as you put it, why are you supporting Mark's quest to 'get" that source of income? It looks as if Jan and her child are being used as pawns in all this, and that doesn't seem right.

firstly, Mark's thread title is a bit melodramatic, and isn't really germane to the immediate issue.

which is, of course, helping Jan get an increase in her child support. in order to do so, it must be shown that he is making a lot more money than he is claiming.

the 'put him out of business' thing comes later. at least that's how i read it

Yeah dont forget she will immediately get a huge check for all his missed payments. Also I imagine he will still be liable for child support if he goes to jail. The courts will seize all his assets should he go to jail, which seem to be sizeable, and distribute it to the wife and child. Thats why its important to figure out his financial web before he goes to prison so the wife and child will have access to those funds.

So really you were wrong Joe and the insult against the child was out of line.

If Jan "needs the money" as you put it, why are you supporting Mark's quest to 'get" that source of income? It looks as if Jan and her child are being used as pawns in all this, and that doesn't seem right.

If what Danny is doing is wrong its hardly a good reason to allow him to continue to do it just b/c it might have an adverse affect on the child support situation.

Would it be any different if Danny were out robbing banks and using a teeny portion of that to pay child support? Would we not turn him in because taking away his ability to rob banks would make him unable to pay what little child support he funnels her way?

If what Danny is doing is wrong is hardly a good reason to allow him to continue to do it even though it might have an adverse affect on the child support situation.

I can see your point, so why is Steve telling me to support this action because "Jan needs the money" - it makes no sense.

And to anyone simple-minded enough to think that Danny is going to leave money lying around for authorities to find (in the event he goes to jail). :roflmao::roflmao:

Danny is a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them.

If what Danny is doing is wrong is hardly a good reason to allow him to continue to do it even though it might have an adverse affect on the child support situation.

I can see your point, so why is Steve telling me to support this action because "Jan needs the money" - it makes no sense.

And to anyone simple-minded enough to think that Danny is going to leave money lying around for authorities to find (in the event he goes to jail). :roflmao::roflmao:

I agree. I understand what you're saying about Mark's approach. I''m sure Mark's intentions are to try and help this lady out. But I can see how the original wording opens up some questions.

If what Danny is doing is wrong its hardly a good reason to allow him to continue to do it just b/c it might have an adverse affect on the child support situation.

Would it be any different if Danny were out robbing banks and using a teeny portion of that to pay child support? Would we not turn him in because taking away his ability to rob banks would make him unable to pay what little child support he funnels her way?

I'm in favor of bank robbers as long as they don't kill anyone. F the banks! F them with a big bail-out !

I could fire off a rant about why this whole "Get Danny to pay child support" thing is out of place considering we're not a coalition of people out to get dead beat dads any more than we are an alliance to end domestic abuse, but considering that it's Danny I won't waste my breath. I think if he ever gets outed for all the things he's allegedly done it'll make a great book/movie deal and his child support can come from that.

I could fire off a rant about why this whole "Get Danny to pay child support" thing is out of place considering we're not a coalition of people out to get dead beat dads any more than we are an alliance to end domestic abuse...

The same here, and lately with all these forum drives, social conscience and never-ending charity auctions, it seems that the CGC Forums needs a new logo:

UnitedWayLogoColor.jpg

You've watched too much tv he isnt going to be able to bury his money in the backyard and live like a king when he gets out of jail. The court will know every detail of his living situation post jail and will make him answer for how he is paying for his living arrangements if he keeps his money out of the banks.

They will make his life so miserable if he doesnt pay child support that he will make these payments just to keep them off his back.

I could fire off a rant about why this whole "Get Danny to pay child support" thing is out of place considering we're not a coalition of people out to get dead beat dads any more than we are an alliance to end domestic abuse...

The same here, and lately with all these forum drives, social conscience and never-ending charity auctions, it seems that the CGC Forums needs a new logo:

UnitedWayLogoColor.jpg

And is that a bad thing? ??? To be honest such events are really what ramped up my interest in this board (and hope that over time I can become part of such a community that shares something beside Spiderman movie polls and threads to just buy and sell). Comics are a common interest and starting point for relationships on here. Some may progress beyond that, some may not. However, I have really enjoyed getting to know several folks on a personal level (which includes causes they may be involved in or unfortunately tragedies that may have occurred). My understanding is participation is always voluntary and you can offer financial or moral support as you see fit. I certainly have not had a single instance where someone tried to obligate me to any of these events/causes.

Just my two cents,

SE

Edited by Snake Eyes

And is that a bad thing? ???

No, and I give to charities a lot, including a direct withdrawal at work for United Way, but as the saying goes, there can be too much of a good thing.

I hit the forums for a break from real life, to talk/argue/etc. funny books, and I would imagine I'm not alone. When real bad news hits a member of our community, I'm all for a discussion and help (like with Nik's untimely passing) but I also think running a Forum Auction for someone's second cousin is going a bit too far.

and I have seen too many cases where the apple does fall very far from the tree.

This is very true. It's one of those cliches that there are so many exceptions to that one wonders who saw enough of a pattern to make the "rule".

... hm although to my experience, more than half the time it's the parent that's good and the offspring that's...not so much.

UnitedWayLogoColor.jpg

lol

True, but there are worse things this board could be known for.

I don't know a single board member personally. Yet I gave my wife all the info she needs to log in here in the case of my untimely death. Why? Because of all the places I think she could go to sell my books and get something for her and the kids and not get swindled, a place where people would do everything they could to help her maximize her return, this place is #1 on the list.

:gossip: and yes, she knows not to sell all the books in bulk to any dealers. :insane:

hm Point taken. Certainly helps me understand where you are coming from a bit better. I suppose we all come on for various reasons, and that can certainly create disagreement. Appreciate the response JC, have a good day (thumbs u

SE