• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is a good comic database?

10 posts in this topic

I was recomended comicbase, but its kind of expensive.

I found comicpriceguide.com, but that is online and seems annoying to enter a lot of stuff in.

Whats a good software for databasing comics that is affordable and effective?

Thanks!

+2

Love Collectorz! I've been using it for 6+ years now. I think the only downside is that it doesn't provide pricing data. It isn't a deal breaker for me but some people it is.

They have pretty good support on their forum. Sometimes they are grumpy but who isn't.

comic shows are the best. Dealer inventories and collectors archives. The reason I say this is because there are a plethora of errors on most site and/or they are not comprehensive to a fault. So get a list of what you are interested in and search them out and document them in person. For instance few web sites suggest how many pages are in a book. this type of thing. Plus you can ask the dealer or collector how popular the book is/sells. One would imagine that between HCA and CGC they would have a genius comic data base after 10 years, IMHO

alright so ive done the trial for collectorz. it seems good.

does anyone who uses it know whether you can print a list of all comics in a series you dont have?

also, do you have the standard or pro version?

thanks agian.

I think to print off what you dont have you would need to have them in the database and mark them off as needed then print selection (shrug) seems a bit complicated...

I have the Pro version. I also have the app for my Touch so the entire collections on there too.

Love this software.

+1

That is how you print off a section of your collection. First you need to add the comics to your database and mark them as Wanted. Then you can highlight the books you want and print them out. This would be the same for exporting them.

I've got the Pro version. I got it as I hoped that they were going to do a Mac version and I would be able to transfer over without buying it again. Alas they haven't made one and probably aren't going to. I try and bug them once a year or so just to hope that they do it. I think the only benefits of the Pro version is the Loan manager and more exporting options.

The iPhone/Touch app is great. There are some issues running it through a Mac w/ Parallels but nothing that is a deal breaker.