• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Christmas Raffle prize...or THANK YOU GREGGY For this ENORMOUS BOX!

51 posts in this topic

I got home yesterday...and my husband asked if I bought 30 comics...I said no...not that I remember, why?

He then said that there was a box that had been delivered, it was marked 30 comics and did I want help bringing it upstairs?

Now, I'm not tall for a guy, but I'm 5'6” which is above average height for a woman...so even though he's 7 inches taller than I am, I scoffed...and thought about asking him if he was having a liquid snack?...

after all, 30 comics? Hah! I lift short boxes ALL the time...

Then I saw the box... :tonofbricks:

When Shin (thank you and Szelim BTW:) (worship)(worship) suggested we rank our top choices, I knew I was going to put down Greg's because he always made it a surprise, and I was curious, I LOVE surprises... plus I think he's funny...and a really nice guy...I also figured there was no way I was going to win, so it didn't matter.

I found out I won while I was in Las Vegas with some friends...they said I sounded more excited about the raffle than going to see Bette Midler...if they only knew;)

So, I go find “the box” :o ...and I could barely budge the thing...10 minutes later after finding a hacksaw... :sumo: (ok, ok, just a knife;) I open it...

and all I could say was WOW... :acclaim: I was stunned...I collect treasuries, so when I found those at the bottom, I was very happy, but I love everything...especially the Overstreet with Wonder Woman on it:) :cloud9:

I was going to put this into the raffle thread, but it I was afraid it would get lost there...

Thank you Greg...your generosity IS legendary, but legendary is too modest a term. I am truly overwhelmed, and wanted to thank you publically...so... (worship)(worship)(worship) (((Greg))) you are the super hero of raffle prize givers!

Everthing at once, and this is a BIG floor

raffle1.jpg

The Horror reprints are all in very nice shape and the "stalker" is a 9. something

raffle2.jpg

The Tales of the Crypt thing is a big envelope with 30 covers inside:)

raffle3.jpg

A very nice book on Science Fiction art that is too big for my night table;) The pictures make it look small, but those are giant comics next to it.

raffle6.jpg

raffle7.jpg

Two VERY early Overstreets..I've never seen these in person...but I wish I had been

shopping for comics in 1972;)

raffle8.jpg

Treasurys...these make my copies look like a truck ran over them (and one probably did;)

raffle9.jpg

Junk

Yep. Junk. :sumo:

lol

What's weird is that I almost could put together the same box...

The box I got from Shin was awesome also.I donated the star trek tee to my gf who filled it out quite nicely.

I ask her if she would model it for the boards.She declined lol

Also a very nice selection of bronze to copper.

So excuse me for riding on your coattails Sharon.But I just wanted to give Shin my public thank you.

Dennis