• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOB OVERSTREET MAKES HUGE ERROR IN OSPG#39 AND IGNORES ME

32 posts in this topic

BOB OVERSTREET HAS MADE A SEVERE ERROR IN OSPG #39. See page 156 (TOP 20 Silver Age Books) look at JIM83 price of $18K in 9.2, Justice League #1 price of $12K, and finally Incredible Hulk#1 price of $40K. THEN look at the price guide section pg 677 JIM83 still shows $15K, pg 682 Justice League#1 still shows $10K, pg 660 Incredible Hulk #1 still shows $32K.

Instead of getting praises when I wrote to Bob Overstreet in June 09- he completely ignored me regarding the above errors. Unacceptable when in page 74 of OSPG he tells u to report errors in the guide.

What a Joke of an error. Confidence in PRICE GUIDE must somehow be restored.

BOB OVERSTREET HAS MADE A SEVERE ERROR IN OSPG #39. See page 156 (TOP 20 Silver Age Books) look at JIM83 price of $18K in 9.2 and Justice League #1 price of $12K. THEN look at the price guide section pg 677 JIM83 still shows $15K and pg 682 Justice League#1 still shows $10K.

Instead of getting praises when I wrote to Bob Overstreet in June 09- he completely ignored me regarding the above errors. Unacceptable when in page 74 of OSPG he tells u to report errors in the guide.

I would not be so quick to assume that your points were ignored. Afterall, we have yet to see the new guide that comes out so the prices might very well be adjusted.

Last year, I discovered that the guide noted Batman #4 as the (3rd app. of the Joker) and Detective Comics #45 as the (4th app. of the Joker) when in reality, Detective #45 came first; both in terms of newsstand date and story-wise.

I never received a reply but after years of printing this error, it was fixed in this year's edition. Did it have anything to do with me? I don't know for sure but it kind of seems that way.

3 Major Errors on Key books man!

This is insane- He himself or the editors should check this before rushing to the printing house to make a buck.

This affects alot of collectors who actively trade these books.

Also there should at least be a response in some shape or form. I mean I don't even need an apology or admission of error. But he should acknowledge that this will be corrected etc going forward.

This is insane- He himself or the editors should check this before rushing to the printing house to make a buck.

Also there should at least be a response in some shape or form. I mean I don't even need an apology or admission of error. But he should acknowledge that this will be corrected etc going forward.

Give Overstreet a break. I'm sure a lot of collectors have stated this to them. I'm sure it will be corrected in the next issue.

bob woodward- this was pointed out by many here when the OSPG was released about 10 months ago

bob woodward- this was pointed out by many here when the OSPG was released about 10 months ago

lol

More like Ian Levine, isn't it? He too would whine endlessly when Overstreet didn't make some of the changes that he requested.

no doubt errors occur... my understanding is that they were aware of the TOS error before (and several others) the book was even released mainstreamn, but had gone to printers and been distributed, so too late to correct... so, don't take it personally, you were not the first to discover, and was probably among a myriad of similar "error discovered emails" that didn't get responded to, but I sure were received (thumbs u

BOB OVERSTREET HAS MADE A SEVERE ERROR IN OSPG #39. See page 156 (TOP 20 Silver Age Books) look at JIM83 price of $18K in 9.2, Justice League #1 price of $12K, and finally Incredible Hulk#1 price of $40K. THEN look at the price guide section pg 677 JIM83 still shows $15K, pg 682 Justice League#1 still shows $10K, pg 660 Incredible Hulk #1 still shows $32K.

Wow, why so bitter? Mistakes are made all the time. Do you have some monetary gain associated with the accuracy of the Price Guide? Is that the driving force behind this thread?

Sorry, you're post just comes off as petty to me.

And, what's the big deal anyway?

We know those 9.2 values on those books are way off anyway. Neither the higher or the lower number is even close on JIM#83. Probably closer if you added those two together.

Same with Hulk.

The Overstreet Price Guide has had hundreds of errors over the years. And it will continue to have them. It is a book of great effort with thousands upon thousands of entries so a few slip ups happen in every issue. Do not take it as personal when you have not been contacted for pointing out mistakes, as I'm sure there were many more than just the one's you have pointed out by many more concerned collectors. As Rick stated I'm sure they received the e-mail, and I'm sure they are happy you pointed out a mistake that they can correct in the next edition. (thumbs u

I thought "errors" like that were a benefit to dealers which is why they are left in the OPG. They flip it open and point out the low figure when they are buying the book. Then then they flip it to the high price figure when they are selling the book...

And yes....Overstreet is way off on almost all of it's pricing. I noticed Rick submitted some prices here on the Boards for SA keys, and i will almost guarantee the prices will not be changed to those levels. It will be interesting to see. hm

Even in his previous editions all you have to do is look at the prices realized for CGC books (that are listed in the front) and compare with the prices he lists for these same issues. WAY OFF!!!! :makepoint:

You ignored me when I PMd you to ask where you were from. Shite happens.

(shrug)