• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

Pressing Service

Quality Comix is proud to announce it's new professional pressing service. Two tiers will be offered - Regular tier turnaround time is 2 weeks and Express tier turnaround time is only 3 business days! Along with having superior service and turnaround times, Quality Comix also offers the best pressing rates in the industry. Customers that wish to have their books pressed can log into their accounts to create a pressing invoice to be mailed with the comics that need a press. Our current pressing rates can be viewed by clicking here. Rates start at a LOW $10 for books printed after 1970. Books printed before 1970 start at only $20. Rates go up depending on service selected and value of book being submitted.

Two things I can't understand or fathom from this press release.

A:) The best rates in the business are also given by the same person that is the best presser in the business, they are $10.00 (and less) a book regardless of the era

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Why the hell would the head of the NOD offer a pressing service? Is this not like the antigun lobby, handing over loaded weapons to people and not understanding when they fire them. Why would you offer the means so that people could sell the books undisclosed. Is it now acceptable because you got paid first???

I had nothing but respect for the NOD and their mission, but now I have lost total respect for the orginazation as a whole. Starting a company that presses books, and then heading an organization that is trying to stop pressed books from being sold undisclosed is a blatant conflict of interest.

What's next? Give heroin addicts needles to see if they'll start using again???

Jim

This has been commented upon in several threads, although it hasn't been a thread topic. My understanding of NOD has always been that they are not anti-pressing, they merely want disclosure of whatever was done to a book. So as long as Brent discloses his pressed books, he is good to go.

Pressing Service

Quality Comix is proud to announce it's new professional pressing service. Two tiers will be offered - Regular tier turnaround time is 2 weeks and Express tier turnaround time is only 3 business days! Along with having superior service and turnaround times, Quality Comix also offers the best pressing rates in the industry. Customers that wish to have their books pressed can log into their accounts to create a pressing invoice to be mailed with the comics that need a press. Our current pressing rates can be viewed by clicking here. Rates start at a LOW $10 for books printed after 1970. Books printed before 1970 start at only $20. Rates go up depending on service selected and value of book being submitted.

A:) The best rates in the business are also given by the same person that is the best presser in the business, they are $10.00 (and less) a book regardless of the era

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Why the hell would the head of the NOD offer a pressing service? Is this not like the antigun lobby, handing over loaded weapons to people and not understanding when they fire them. Why would you offer the means so that people could sell the books undisclosed. Is it now acceptable because you got paid first???

I had nothing but respect for the NOD and their mission, but now I have lost total respect for the orginazation as a whole. Starting a company that presses books, and then heading an organization that is trying to stop pressed books from being sold undisclosed is a blatant conflict of interest.

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

Its NoD..Network of Disclosure not the Network of Anti Pressing.

They will happily press and disclose as much. You misunderstand their mission statement apparently.

Does that make sense? Does it null your entire post?

The best rates in the business are also given by the same person that is the best presser in the business, they are $10.00 (and less) a book regardless of the era

Name & email address, please?

Pressing Service

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

They will happily press and disclose as much. You misunderstand their mission statement apparently.

Not really...how could anyone in good conscience perform a service that they know only 10% of the books they work on will ever be sold with any type of disclosure? It's okay to let the other 90% go because you got paid first, so don't give me this Chrissakes BS.

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

That would make them NAP and Greggy is the chairman of board of NAPS. zzz

Please try not to wake him.

Pressing Service

Dammit, another thread about me!!!!!!

:pullhair:

This has been commented upon in several threads, although it hasn't been a thread topic. My understanding of NOD has always been that they are not anti-pressing, they merely want disclosure of whatever was done to a book. So as long as Brent discloses his pressed books, he is good to go.

+1 Not only that. As a NOD member, Brent has to keep scans of the before/after and a record of the certificate that he issues with the book. It's not anti-NOD to press books, just to fail to disclose that fact. Should he also only agree to sell to people who sign a pledge to disclose later?

Not really...how could anyone in good conscience perform a service that they know only 10% of the books they work on will ever be sold with any type of disclosure? It's okay to let the other 90% go because you got paid first, so don't give me this Chrissakes BS.

Jim

Jim, your line of reasoning is illogical.

It's like saying that you are personally responsible for who you sell cardboard to because one day someone, somewhere might end up using one of your boxes to box up something illegal.

NOD has nothing to do with this.

I thought the nod were ok with discloused pressing and that members could press books for others only if they had a legit biz. I don't think there is anything to read into here.......

.........though I bet, some of the nod members are busting a nut over this :baiting:

I also bet Marnin is losing it, first Susan start pressing books without doing restoration to them and now Brent..............

The best rates in the business are also given by the same person that is the best presser in the business, they are $10.00 (and less) a book regardless of the era

Name & email address, please?

gator... gatorpressing@squa.com

Jim

It's like saying that you are personally responsible for who you sell cardboard to because one day someone, somewhere might end up using one of your boxes to box up something illegal.

True, and how many children are horribly burned every year when their cardboard rockets explode on the launch pad?

rocketbig.jpg

I blame Jim personally. lol

Jim

True, and how many children are horribly burned every year when their cardboard rockets explode on the launch pad?

rocketbig.jpg

:roflmao:

:headbang:

Jim

rocketbig.jpg

And how many bums use cardboard to be the medium in which the print their bum sales pitch to illegally stand in public motorist ways and collect change! :sumo:

I thought the nod were ok with discloused pressing and that members could press books for others only if they had a legit biz. I don't think there is anything to read into here.......

.........though I bet, some of the nod members are busting a nut over this :baiting:

I also bet Marnin is losing it, first Susan start pressing books without doing restoration to them and now Brent..............

Steve, you're right on this. But Susan doesn't press without restoration currently. At least according to her website.

Jim

If I knew 90% of the boxes I sold were going to be used for something other than their intended purpose and I was president of the boxes for their intended purpose club, I'd quit doing one of them.

Jim