• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There goes the neighborhood!

167 posts in this topic

Those are some damn cute cat pics, I must admit. I love the beer bottle thrown in there.

So...rabies shots?!? I have never actually known anyone that has had them. You're quite fascinating. Where did they inject them at, and do they still have to do the whole series that lasts like 10-14 days or whatever?

Those are some damn cute cat pics, I must admit. I love the beer bottle thrown in there.

So...rabies shots?!? I have never actually known anyone that has had them. You're quite fascinating. Where did they inject them at, and do they still have to do the whole series that lasts like 10-14 days or whatever?

It was a cocktail of 11 shots the first night, because I was bit 4 times. I was bit two times in the hand, one time in the wrist and once in my breast. :o

cat5.jpg

It wasn't all rabies shots, there was a tetanus shot, and something else to make the rabies shot flow better in my blood stream. I tried to get out of them, but NH Poison Control interviewed me and decided because the cat was fighting with a skunk before, it would be too risky not to get the shots. I had rabies shots done in arms and my butt, by a griendly male nurse called Tom. I swear the needle was as big as a crochet needle, I had to beg for a littler one. It was a horrible 8 hour wait at Concord Hospital too, for the shots. They put me in the trauma ward, which had a guy with somekind of iron rod through his head screaming at the top of his lungs. I'm sitting there looking at the bites and hearing him wail for help, thinking of the little double clawed kitten, I tried to pick up with my bare hands. We have become quite friends and I thought she would allow me to pick her up.

cat6.jpg

cat7.jpg

Finally, they were going to operate on him and moved me into a private room, where all that was on the TV was The Marine. By now, I don't know what's worst being in the trauma ward or watching this movie. All in all, the first visit equalled to about $3,500. I had to go back 4 times, for four more shots over the course of a month. By the time I got the last shot, there was a swine flu epidemic at Concord, lol. All four shots were done to my arms in a rotation of left, right, left, right. The final bill was $6,300, which I paid $5,500 of it after discount. I was trying to purchase some OA art from my title and went beyond my budget for 2 months and had to watch helplessly as they all were sold(you snooze you loose), until I got restabilized cash wise 3 months later. I was collecting my series graded too. I refused to go after the "devil cat" as Cheryl called her after and watched her have a litter of kittens. So decided to go after her again and with assistance, caught her clean this time as a ferocious adult. I think they called her Elvira, because she bit an animal wrangler who went for shots too. She was able to be spayed and had all her shots done from a "mystery person". She has been placed in a barn home now with a mate.

DSC08047.jpg

Two of her three kittens were picked up too, before the winter(those were her sick kitties) and only one was lost to the cold.

Wow!!! You are a saint.

Quite an experience. I hope they at least gave you some pain meds or something.

I hope you didn't mind my asking, I have this fascination with rabies stuff. Maybe I watched Old Yeller too much as a kid or something.

Wow!!! You are a saint.
I'm far from that, I've just been trying to make up for allot of wrongs in my past.

*a lot :makepoint:

The spell check on the WDC boards says I can use "allot" like this.

Lebowski is smarter than spell check :o

Because "allot" is a word, but it is not the same as "a lot." Spell check would be worthless. Duh. :P

WTF this isn't about BODYCOUNT :sumo:

Hey! Pat! :hi:

I'm really mad at you for spoiling Heroes for me. I didn't have to hulu it, it was on my DVR.

If you watch Dollhouse(probably not), I'm PMing you who the secret founder of Rossum is. So when you do, it'll be ruined for you. :whee:

WTF this isn't about BODYCOUNT :sumo:

Hey! Pat! :hi:

I'm really mad at you for spoiling Heroes for me. I didn't have to hulu it, it was on my DVR.

If you watch Dollhouse(probably not), I'm PMing you who the secret founder of Rossum is. So when you do, it'll be ruined for you. :whee:

I didn't ruin it. I mentioned ONE scene that I said I liked! :makepoint: