• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HooDeeDoo THE LIST WITH PRICES

146 posts in this topic

George, btw, most of the "dealers" that I know have finders fee that is CASH for leading them onto a deal. You are the only one who knows this game so well that you offer a finder's bonus

right...see some people don't always want $$, some want books. Gotta diversify your offers. makepoint.gif

See, the funny thing is, if you gave people $$$ they could buy the books (or for that matter anything else!) that they wanted - did you ever think of that?

DAM

ok we agree....if they want a $50 book or $50, either way is coolio. All i am saying is that either option is available. Or they can get a break on a higher priced book as well....many options....

You call what you do negotiation? I didn't mind the first 5 times, but then I lowered a price for you and then you said hmmm, let me see a scan. I scanned the book for you, and you said the price still wasn't right and wanted another $50 off.

There's lots of collector/dealers that I am happy to deal with. Sometimes, I can give them a break on a book, sometimes I can't. And it doesn't bother me in the least when I see the same book sold the next week on ebay. That only means more business for me in the future.

But from now on, If you want to pay my asking price, I'll take your $$$, otherwise, don't waste my time.

But from now on, If you want to pay my asking price, I'll take your $$$

sounds like me except i would be willing to negotiate. Sometimes you have to give up a few $$ here and there to build customers.....Again you might be new to buying and selling (i don't know or care) but this concept usually works.

5 times, i don't recall that....you wanted $800, and then said you could do $750, i came back with $700....and we couldn't agree....wow, i am terrible.

Now does your statement only apply to me or everyone else too?

But at least your statement was honest.

Let's put George in the perspective of what dealers perceive him to be - the buyer of last resort. We see him coming, we know that he's a difficult sale and we the dealer have the choice to sell if we need the money or not.

I for one got George to pay my full retail, he tried, he failed and he mailed the check. End of story.

Let's put George in the perspective of what dealers perceive him to be - the buyer of last resort. We see him coming, we know that he's a difficult sale and we the dealer have the choice to sell if we need the money or not.

i am so happy to be known among the BSDs......it took me nearly 20 years but i am finally recognized for my work. Last year I was awarded a space on BB's website but this...well this is just what it's all about. thumbsup2.gif

I for one got George to pay my full retail, he tried, he failed and he mailed the check. End of story.

hey i saw a good deal and took it. Sure i attempted a better deal, but why not? It was worth a try. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

whoa...nice to see that you have an opinion....

I am just collector. Not a BSD. When i say the game, i mean the business of negotiation in making deals.

when did i ever say i look for dealers to misprice books? where does that come from? u just pull it out of thin air? What i do attempt is to get the best price i can for a book. if the dealer chooses not not sell it for a price that we can both agree on, oh well. i go to the next table. No hard feelings. No worries.

This is a hobby. I only use comic $ to buy comics. So in order to stay in I buy/sell and try to make a few $$ along the way in order to finance the books i want. What is wrong with that?

Try 2 be more + instead of being an 893censored-thumb.gif

y do u type like an 8th grd. grrl? confused.gif

whoa...nice to see that you have an opinion....

I am just collector. Not a BSD. When i say the game, i mean the business of negotiation in making deals.

when did i ever say i look for dealers to misprice books? where does that come from? u just pull it out of thin air? What i do attempt is to get the best price i can for a book. if the dealer chooses not not sell it for a price that we can both agree on, oh well. i go to the next table. No hard feelings. No worries.

This is a hobby. I only use comic $ to buy comics. So in order to stay in I buy/sell and try to make a few $$ along the way in order to finance the books i want. What is wrong with that?

Try 2 be more + instead of being an 893censored-thumb.gif

y do u type like an 8th grd. grrl? confused.gif

Its hard to type when you have to go around piles of $100s.

Its hard to type when you have to go around piles of $100s.

27_laughing.gif i wish.

Yeah, we all know it's because you burned your finger lighting a Cuban with a $1000 bill.

And no, the poor guy didn't like it one bit. 893naughty-thumb.gif

dont hate the playa, hate the game!

This is exactly what I thought when I read the attacks on gman. I may not agree 100% with his methods, but they do seem to work for him. Heck, the one time I put up a decent book I was relieved to get a PM from him. I would have been more "hurt" had I not gotten one.

thumbsup2.gif

g mans the man

dont let these BSD's and BSD dealers get to you g man

they play their game you play yours

in fact

dont hate, appreciate

See, I am well versed in the ways of Gman and I have a story for every "the deal was perfect w/george" or "we did a transaction and it was mutually benificial" -

There is nothing wrong with trying to get the best price on a book. But to be hounded after you've said no, to be told after that the book that you were trying to be nice to a fellow collector (the new to his dealings) and cut him a break, only to have the sale waved in your face that he sold it for 200, 300 (or more) hundred dollars than you sold to him is childish and bad biz.

If you buy a book and sell it for a profit, keep it to yourself. George doesn't do that. He flaunts it. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Yet, this forum is full of enablers. - People that contiune to do buisness with him and yet, they rant and rave that he has bad practice, they shouldn't be surprised.

g mans the man

dont let these BSD's and BSD dealers get to you g man

they play their game you play yours

in fact

dont hate, appreciate

This is exactly what I thought when I read the attacks on gman. I may not agree 100% with his methods, but they do seem to work for him. Heck, the one time I put up a decent book I was relieved to get a PM from him. I would have been more "hurt" had I not gotten one.

thanks for the support. thumbsup2.gif