• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HooDeeDoo THE LIST WITH PRICES

146 posts in this topic

if i am willing to pay the seller's price, what does it matter? if they don't want my $, that is their decision.

If it was only that simple..........but don't worry If you have the right book I'd still buy from ya

(I guess I should stop messing up HooDee's thread now)

Gman:

I think you get blasted from time to time because there's a perceived "vulture" quality about you. When someone's book goes up, there's always an angle, always a hustle, and there's a lot of people who are turned off by that sort of stuff. It's compounded by the fact that many times it's followed up by what is perceived as bragging. I bought for x and sold for y. And it seems like you're rubbing people's faces in it.

It is not the fact that business is being conducted but rather the manner and attitude you go about conducting it.

Whether that's reality, others will have to decide.

please show me where i have ever said i bought a book, stated the price and from whom and then said how much i sold it for.....all i try to do is get the best price i can. don't you and many other "collectors" here do the same thing? Don't you think the seller wants the best price he/she can get? Show me where i am bragging about anything.

also when you go to a show and the dealer shows you a book and you ask how much? do you just pay it? why should it be any different here? when i put books up, the offers i get would make some people here keel over but i never mention names b/c a deal ould be worked out.....one never knows.

everyone has an angle. makepoint.gif

I've seen a lot of threads on this board with a lot of hissy-style tantrums and general behavior not becoming of gentlemen, but this one takes the cake.

HooDee, SPECTACULAR books... too bad they brought the worst out of so many.

I've seen a lot of threads on this board with a lot of hissy-style tantrums and general behavior not becoming of gentlemen, but this one takes the cake.

PROVE IT!

Holy 893censored-thumb.gif, I feel like I'm reading the -script for the sequel to the movie "Comic Book Villains"...

Gene

Holy 893censored-thumb.gif, I feel like I'm reading the -script for the sequel to the movie "Comic Book Villains"...

Gene

mad.gif

Jerk.

That's about the meanest thing you can say to a guy, you know that? 893censored-thumb.gif

Ladies and Gentleman,

For any of you who remember the email that GMAN put on the forum a few weeks ago that came from me....Need I Say More!! and dont forget one thing...I met George. I know the face, the body and the mind behind this [!@#%^&^] Loser..what he is attempting to do is OK . Its How he does it. Thanks smile.gif ....and Jasons X Men 94 is a beautiful copy 893blahblah.gif

aren't you selling books to make $$? don't you try to get a good price when buying collections and such? why u bashin me with the names wipe? B/C I am honest when it comes to buying and selling books? what exactly am i attempting to do?

What did i ever do to you? I posted your asm #129 9.8? Did i ever say any bad word about the book or you? why did you send the email? Speak up......

and u are talking about this email, why not explain yourself to the forum members who have "no clue?":

Your so predictable...I just sit back and watch the verbal diahrrea out of most of you ladies on the forum...Your a big waste of time and have no clue what goes on in this market...Nor are you part of it.!!....Now go to sleep and dont waste my time .Cant wait to see you again Philly....

popcorn.gif

George,

I think I will explain that...it was sent to YOU and applies to the members who feel it necessary to fight amongst each other about absolutely nothing.If we asked my associates at the CGC including the owners if this is what they invisioned(verbally) taking place on this forum, I think you know the answer. This type of behavior does not happen in the SGC forum...Or the NGC Forum.WHY...I am beginning to realize in my travels to shows around the country, that most of the " negative " forum memebers are just little kids.........My customers and friends on the forum understand who it was directed at . My comments towards you are not just from me. They are from the many other dealers and collectors that you have or still do annoy on a regular basis. I wont name names. You know who they are.You are what the Jewish people call a YENTA. You keep asking why? and what did you do to me? I dont now, I guess I need to get [!@#%^&^] as you once said...NOT....Everyone else is yelling at you. Why not me too?

Now remember...that was MOST of the NEGATIVE members...not all the negative ones. Im covering my [!@#%^&^] this time...See you forum members at the next show. Dont avoid me. I probably wont bite.Although Tom or Jason might!!

hey i am not in this hobby to make dealers $$. I am in to make me $$ and to collect a few nice books for me. Plain and simple. Nothing more to it. Who cares if dealers can't handle a bit of negotiation....because i won't just hand over the $$ like bechera & others expect people to do. I am sure when the deal is done, they are happy to take the $$ no matter who it's from. Name the dealers....please. It would be good for a laugh. I know how this game is played all too well.

So because I posted a book that belongs to you on a public auction site, you get your tighties in a bunch. This is a forum and people talk about comics. If you don't like it, shut up and stay off. If you want to be involved, keep posting....either way you don't make any sense but one can't expect too much from an 893censored-thumb.gif

Your attitude needs some work, George. makepoint.gif

what have i said that isn't true about many dealers and sellers on ebay/heritage/link/etc.....? Don't you like to sell a book and AT LEAST make the $ you invested in it back? yes or no?

Or when a person is selling a book/card/car/house, do you buy it for the listed price or do you try and get a better deal? yes/no?

Now of course if a book is for sale and the price is right (i.e. FF #116 (sorry HDD)), then sure go 4 it. But if it is higher than you are willing to pay, don't you try and work out a deal with the seller?

I never proclaim crashes and the like....i am all for making deals and buying/selling/trading books. I have dealt with many members on these boards and have made some nice deals. I wish we could have made a deal but we were a few $$ off. Hopefully on another book....

hey i am not in this hobby to make dealers $$. I am in to make me $$ and to collect a few nice books for me. Plain and simple. Nothing more to it. Who cares if dealers can't handle a bit of negotiation....because i won't just hand over the $$ like bechera & others expect people to do. I am sure when the deal is done, they are happy to take the $$ no matter who it's from. Name the dealers....please. It would be good for a laugh. I know how this game is played all too well.

So because I posted a book that belongs to you on a public auction site, you get your tighties in a bunch. This is a forum and people talk about comics. If you don't like it, shut up and stay off. If you want to be involved, keep posting....either way you don't make any sense but one can't expect too much from an 893censored-thumb.gif

George, how nice to see all your friends come out of the woodwork.

George, if you did "know how this game is played" why wouldn't you quit your job and do it full time?

The thing is George, with your clearly stated mission of looking for dealers to misprice something so that you can flip it for more $$$ you create an intense atmosphere of distrust. If dealers and big $$$ collectors don't trust you, you can never play the game, at least not on the scale to make real $$$. With the time and effort that you spend on this true full time job of yours you would be better sucking up any pride that you have remaining, which I assume isn't much, and just getting a job part time at starbucks or insert fast food chain of your choice. It's guaranteed pay for your labor and the $$$ will be better, which is, after all, the most important thing to you anyway.

DAM

George, btw, most of the "dealers" that I know have finders fee that is CASH for leading them onto a deal. You are the only one who knows this game so well that you offer a finder's bonus

27_laughing.gif

DAM

whoa...nice to see that you have an opinion....

I am just collector. Not a BSD. When i say the game, i mean the business of negotiation in making deals.

when did i ever say i look for dealers to misprice books? where does that come from? u just pull it out of thin air? What i do attempt is to get the best price i can for a book. if the dealer chooses not not sell it for a price that we can both agree on, oh well. i go to the next table. No hard feelings. No worries.

This is a hobby. I only use comic $ to buy comics. So in order to stay in I buy/sell and try to make a few $$ along the way in order to finance the books i want. What is wrong with that?

Try 2 be more + instead of being an 893censored-thumb.gif

George, btw, most of the "dealers" that I know have finders fee that is CASH for leading them onto a deal. You are the only one who knows this game so well that you offer a finder's bonus

right...see some people don't always want $$, some want books. Gotta diversify your offers. makepoint.gif