• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wheel of Time comic. Why?

15 posts in this topic

Some of the worst writing in this history of high fantasy that didn't even get finished by the original author.

A man who apparently never had an editor or plot plan.

ROBERT JORDAN’S WHEEL OF TIME #1

Written by ROBERT JORDAN & CHUCK DIXON

Art by CHASE CONLEY

Covers by CHASE CONLEY (50%) & SHEAMAS (50%)

1-in-10 retailer incentive black & white cover by CHASE CONLEY

The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.

Strangers have come to the village of Emond's Field, located in Two Rivers,

during the Bel Tine holiday. With theses strangers come stories of the outside world: tales of war and of a man who claims to be the Dragon Reborn, the one prophesized to save the world, and also to destroy it in his madness. For it is known that no man can channel the One Power without going horribly insane.

Featuring issues 0 and 1 of the series, from writer Robert Jordan – joined by the legendary Chuck Dixon – along with artist Chase Conley! 64 BIG pages with bonus materials!

64 pages $3.99

Retailers, check order form for ordering incentives.

:slapfight:

Some of the worst writing in this history of high fantasy that didn't even get finished by the original author.

A man who apparently never had an editor or plot plan.

ROBERT JORDAN’S WHEEL OF TIME #1

Written by ROBERT JORDAN & CHUCK DIXON

Art by CHASE CONLEY

Covers by CHASE CONLEY (50%) & SHEAMAS (50%)

1-in-10 retailer incentive black & white cover by CHASE CONLEY

The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.

Strangers have come to the village of Emond's Field, located in Two Rivers,

during the Bel Tine holiday. With theses strangers come stories of the outside world: tales of war and of a man who claims to be the Dragon Reborn, the one prophesized to save the world, and also to destroy it in his madness. For it is known that no man can channel the One Power without going horribly insane.

Featuring issues 0 and 1 of the series, from writer Robert Jordan – joined by the legendary Chuck Dixon – along with artist Chase Conley! 64 BIG pages with bonus materials!

64 pages $3.99

Retailers, check order form for ordering incentives.

:slapfight:

That's just your personal opinion. I'm looking forward to the final two books.

John

I really enjoyed the early novels, although I understand where you are coming from as the series progressed. I still think Jordan's plot did not meander or repeat as much as the other fantasy matathon I was reading at the time (Sword of Truth) did.

Overall, it's a pretty amazing series. I haven't been able to bring myself to read the latest one even though it's been out for months. I can forgive some of the weaker books for the brilliance of the great ones.

I really enjoyed the early novels, although I understand where you are coming from as the series progressed. I still think Jordan's plot did not meander or repeat as much as the other fantasy matathon I was reading at the time (Sword of Truth) did.

Ugh, don't get me started on Sword of Truth.

I liked most of the wheel of time books, they didn't seem to have some drag in a few books. As for sword of truth, I think the first book is one of the best books out there. As for anything ater the third book, only 6 is worth anything much.

Wheel of Time was really intriguing to me up until book 4. Shadow Rising? Then it started to get frustrating. Anything after Crown of Swords is almost unreadable. I will try once more to read them when the final books come out because I really want to know how the story ends but I may not be able to make it through.

However, I would have ZERO problem picking up the comics if they are good. They would HAVE to be abridged and that is my what needed to happen to the original series anyway.

I like Wheel of Time better than Lord of the Rings... Sword of Truth lost me after the second book...

I started reading Wheel with the release of Eye of the World, and have re-read the extant books each time a new one comes out (every two years)... Barry Sanderson did a credable job with Jordan's notes for the 12th book, and I am eagerly awaiting the last two.

In short, I completely disagree with the OP's post, in part and in sum. :foryou:

I like Wheel of Time better than Lord of the Rings... Sword of Truth lost me after the second book...

I started reading Wheel with the release of Eye of the World, and have re-read the extant books each time a new one comes out (every two years)... Barry Sanderson did a credable job with Jordan's notes for the 12th book, and I am eagerly awaiting the last two.

In short, I completely disagree with the OP's post, in part and in sum. :foryou:

:foryou:

Loved the first book but didn't like all the detail Jordan went into. Way over kill. Never took the time to read any others but I'll pick up this just to see how it looks. I have the New Spring comics and they are ok.

The detail is what I love about the series... it is not like LOTR, a dry dissertation on the events and history of a land... Jordan's Wheel of Time is a grand tale of legend and heroism, not told from the lectern of a history professor, but from the stories and songs of the common people of the land. You are introduced to the tapestry of the world's history as the protagonists encounter it, whether in spoken word or grim experience, terrifying memories of previous lives or snatches and fragments interwoven throughout the events of the main plot. Jordan's characters, throughout the series, grow and expand, both absorb and influence the world around them (sometimes MOST directly!)

If you haven't tried it, please do. If you tried it years ago, and didn't like it then, try it again... it'll grow on ya!

The detail is what I love about the series... it is not like LOTR, a dry dissertation on the events and history of a land... Jordan's Wheel of Time is a grand tale of legend and heroism, not told from the lectern of a history professor, but from the stories and songs of the common people of the land. You are introduced to the tapestry of the world's history as the protagonists encounter it, whether in spoken word or grim experience, terrifying memories of previous lives or snatches and fragments interwoven throughout the events of the main plot. Jordan's characters, throughout the series, grow and expand, both absorb and influence the world around them (sometimes MOST directly!)

If you haven't tried it, please do. If you tried it years ago, and didn't like it then, try it again... it'll grow on ya!

a hearty +1 :)

Barry Sanderson

Brandon Sanderson ... anyway read the first few WoT books when I was a younger lad and much like trying to reread the Shanara series, I found the books drawn out and paced too slowly. Saying that, I did like Eye of the World after a recent re-read. Besides the first book, I sold all my 1st editions a couple years ago, knowing they fell from my favorites list after reading the likes of George RR Martin and R. Scott Bakker and Rothfuss and Erikson and Lynch...all superior writers and books.

IMO Sanderson is the best thing going for the conclusion. His books Elantris and the Mistborn series were excellent books.