• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice Society on SMALVILLE Feb 5th

89 posts in this topic

Okay, so why have I not been watching this show? I will set up my DVR now!!

Because the show usually sucks sack pretty hard.

This will be the high point of the entire 9 yrs if it's done well.

The high point for me was when they finally got rid of Lana Lang and that crumpled up (" Ive got hemorrhoids") look on her face.

DRX

I agree that it was good to move on from the endless Clark and Lana love each other but can't be with each other stories.

I think the actress is smoking hot though.

The high point for me was when they finally got rid of Lana Lang and that crumpled up (" Ive got hemorrhoids") look on her face.

DRX

I agree that it was good to move on from the endless Clark and Lana love each other but can't be with each other stories.

Lana always annoyed me. Now she's on Chuck, which is a great show. Anyway, she's not nearly as annoying. Actually, she's fairly enjoyable to watch now. Her character is somewhat awkward. Not the supposed badazz she was on Smallville.

DRX

Lana always annoyed me. Now she's on Chuck, which is a great show. Anyway, she's not nearly as annoying. Actually, she's fairly enjoyable to watch now. Her character is somewhat awkward. Not the supposed badazz she was on Smallville.

I agree totally. Chuck has actually become one of my favorite shows over the last year (and I only watch 3 shows...it's kind of a big deal to say that :) )

I really enjoy Chuck as well.

Haven't found her to be totally annoying yet...but there's 15 or so eps to go...

Supposedly somebody else learns Chuck's secret this season. As long as it's not her and it doesn't turn into smallville 2.0 I'll be happy.

I haven`t watched Smallville since season 1 but turned in for this with my kids and wife, they fell asleep and leaving me to watch it alone,well first of all I did like it but damn the special effects seemed so 1990`s, in fact I remember Smallville the pilot having better special effects then this, with that being said I will turn in to see it again next week. btw The guy who played the Icicle rocked! pure villiany at its best.

For a DC fan "Absolute Justice" was really fun to watch. I'm not that familiar with the Smallville universe, but after all these years the show may be hitting its stride. There seems to be sparks with the Lois & Clark romance, instead of that boring endless Lana angst.

Introducing Checkmate was unexpected, and was that Foxy Brown Pam Grier as Amanda Waller? Plus she dropped that Apokolips tease. Good stuff, Smallville. (thumbs u :applause:

My inner dork thought this episode rocked. :cloud9:

As a Marvel guy the whole checkmate thing is beyond me as well as the Apokolips reference. Nice to see them give Martian Manhunter his powers back.

As a Marvel guy the whole checkmate thing is beyond me as well as the Apokolips reference. Nice to see them give Martian Manhunter his powers back.

Apokolips/New Genesis are the home planets of (Jack Kirby's) New Gods. :gossip:

Or, in a word...Darkseid . :o On Smallville. :ohnoez:

darkseid-picture-160boxart_160w.jpg

Not as awesome as I expected, but nevertheless, pretty cool.

Looked like they borrowed a lot from watchmen.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold," lifted twice now. It was better when Quenten used it.

Dr. Fate was pretty cool, but we never even saw GL or Flash, other than in flashbacks.

Anyone get the connection between checkmate and tess?

Also it was cool when she mentioned, welcome to the suicide squad.

I'm not too hip on moderns, is checkmate like Sheild?

Apokolips/New Genesis are the home planets of (Jack Kirby's) New Gods. :gossip:

Or, in a word...Darkseid . :o On Smallville. :ohnoez:

darkseid-picture-160boxart_160w.jpg

Now THAT would be cool

"Revenge is a dish best served cold," lifted twice now. It was better when Quenten used it.

Dr. Fate was pretty cool, but we never even saw GL or Flash, other than in flashbacks.

+1

Wait...who do you think was the first to ever use the line "Revenge is a dish best served cold" ???

The first time I've seen it in a movie was Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn uttered by Kahn and even then it wasn't his line first.

Wait...who do you think was the first to ever use the line "Revenge is a dish best served cold" ???

The first time I've seen it in a movie was Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn uttered by Kahn and even then it wasn't his line first.

The opening quote and one of the best ever opening quotes was from Kill Bill, where it was quoted...

"revenge is a dish best served cold." followed by

an old Klingon Proverb

So, yes, I believe it came from StarTrek