• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GENE COLAN SIGNATURE HELP!

55 posts in this topic

He was on the Boston list when I first saw it.

Gene WAS on the site, but being that he hasn't been well for the past year or so, makes sense he'd be limiting his tours. I have to admit that I have yet to add his signature to my collection and I do have a nice little Tomb of Dracula that needs his name on it....

woohoo! i will be at Mike Carbonaro’s Comic Book Marketplace in New York in February!

I am definitely going to that.

...But hey, off subject slightly guys but how much does Neal Adams charge for a signature also? :)

I think Neal Adams might be there also, since he's in New York. You can kill two birds with one stone, as they say. You should contact Danny (mutantkeys), he's a regular at these shows.

That's not too bad, can you get a Neal Adams signature easy then, or would that be a problem?

I can confirm that Neal is pretty easy to get. As of this past San Diego, his rate is still $5 per person for a signature. He has his own exhibitor booth (Continuity Graphics) so he is there most of the day, waiting to sell his sketchbooks, hardcovers, and other products, so he is available to get.

Gene Colan was initially announced for Boston, but I can understand that he might have pulled himself off because of health concerns.

Joel

Gene Colan was initially announced for Boston, but I can understand that he might have pulled himself off because of health concerns.

Joel

I asked Cliff Meth about this via email, and he said he believed the cancellation was health-related.

I happened to email Gene earlier this week to see if he still does commissions. He wrote back very quickly (or at least it was signed "Gene", and came from Gene's personal email address) to say that he no longer accepts commissions. He was very genial (of course!) in his email.

I asked him about the Boston cancellation, and said that I hoped he was doing well health-wise. But he didn't comment on that at all in his reply.

BTW, I don't know if Cliff is on this board, or if everyone knows who he is. In case you don't, among other things, he edited the new Marvel book about Gene (due next month), and knows Gene. He told me that he is going to be handling the sale of Gene's personal comic collection via his own web/blog site. Cliff didn't say when that's going to happen, but he told me that they would be reasonably priced. (Cliff also managed the sale of Dave Cockrum's books.)

http://thecliffordmethod.blogspot.com/

LJB -- have you tried emailing Gene directly about signing your books? I don't know if he does sigs that way, but I honestly don't know why he wouldn't. I would ask if you could ship your books to him and pay for the return postage and his signature fee. He may say no, but it can't hurt to ask.

His email addy is no secret – it's right there on the home page of his website (scroll down to the bit that says "The official Gene Colan Web Page" and click on the blue link that says "Gene Colan") -- so I don't think it's a violation of Gene's privacy to post it here:

genecolan@optonline.net

Good luck!!