• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To the ComicLink listing bumpers--I CURSE THEEEEE

51 posts in this topic

rantrant For months and months and months and months, maybe a year or more, some insufficiently_thoughtful_person has been bumping their stupid overpriced Modern Fantastic Four 9.8 comics to the top of the recent listings by just editing the listing a little every few days. If whoever is doing that is reading this, might I say that I wish a pox upon thee for thy selfishly idiotic and spammy techniques to get your stupid listing more views. Thou art scum, and if your comic were right here in front of me right now, I'd smash the case with a hammer and rip the comic up into pieces. :sumo::pullhair: :pullhair:

How do you really feel about it??!! :insane::devil:

rantrant For months and months and months and months, maybe a year or more, some insufficiently_thoughtful_person has been bumping their stupid overpriced Modern Fantastic Four 9.8 comics to the top of the recent listings by just editing the listing a little every few days. If whoever is doing that is reading this, might I say that I wish a pox upon thee for thy selfishly idiotic and spammy techniques to get your stupid listing more views. Thou art scum, and if your comic were right here in front of me right now, I'd smash the case with a hammer and rip the comic up into pieces. :sumo::pullhair: :pullhair:

:applause:

Ghost Rider 51 CGC 9.8 for $299, anyone? If not this week... how about next week? Or the week after that....?

My Dad is guilty for doing this with one some of the GA books we have. If I didn't find it so hysterical though I'd tell him to stop.

Some GA stuff here and there is fine, but some dudes / ladies keep reposting 2-3 pages worth of the same drek every week, with the same, or increasing prices. It gets annoying having to scan through it all the time :insane:

+1 This has annoyed me too, it seems to have ramped up over the past year or so, but has been especially bad over the past few months. Hopefully you can get Josh to stop this madness :applause:

Perhaps clink can also update the "Sale pending" status on some of their listings while they're at it.

Is it really against the rules or is it someone legally gaming the system for their own maximum benefit?

On the one hand, I have to admit it's pretty ingenious.

On the other hand, this may mean that ComicLink will soon implement a PAID search option.

Thanks for publicizing this clever tactic! I'll have to take utilizing it! (thumbs u

How about the guy that lists every title as 100 Bullets, so it always comes up first when you search for new listings?

You guys are a treasure trove of good information! (thumbs u

100 bullets is the default if you mis spell a title... something tells me they don't want that, as if someone searches by title (like I and many do) your books is missed hm

RedHook ranted about this a couple of years ago in this very forum, so it's not as though f_f is breaking new venting ground here.

it's just another thing that CL would improve or change about their site, were this a perfect world

RedHook ranted about this a couple of years ago in this very forum, so it's not as though f_f is breaking new venting ground here.

it's just another thing that CL would improve or change about their site, were this a perfect world

Yeah, updating the website is long overdue. Maybe charging a Web upgrade fee to all buyers could speed this up a bit.

Yeah, updating the website is long overdue. Maybe charging a Web upgrade fee to all buyers could speed this up a bit.

yea, i'll gladly fork over more $ to Josh so he can update his website :screwy:

I was just being smart. :eek:

I was just being smart. :eek:

:blush:

CLink really could use some improvements to their site that IMHO are must haves. For instance, how about a watch system like eBay? Seems ridiculous you can't tag a list of books you are interested in for easy viewing later, especially during an auction. The interface is so old and tired also, really could use a face-lift and some new technology running the show. Maybe ASP.net instead of ancient classic ASP. Take some of that money that is pouring in and put it back into the site to assist your customers, CLink! (shrug)

One of the serial bumpers on CLink struck again... 3 pages of the same stuff bumped again today :sick:

I don't follow all of his books that were bumped, but I notice that a few of them are double FMV... if the person doing this is on the boards, please stop this madness :insane:

One of the serial bumpers on CLink struck again... 3 pages of the same stuff bumped again today :sick:

I don't follow all of his books that were bumped, but I notice that a few of them are double FMV... if the person doing this is on the boards, please stop this madness :insane:

Are you talking about all the ones with the grey background ? lol

I believe those are board member dekeuks. Perhaps send him a C&D pm lol

You don't think Spec Spidey 20 in 9.4 will get $112? lol