• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Turtle Rescue

37 posts in this topic

I am out at the Merritt Island wildlife refuge just about every weekend going bird

watching with the wife. Last week there were a lot of big fish floating in the water

belly-up. :( All of the tropical trees around our house took a big hit from that

spell of 20 degree weather. Thanks for saving the turtles. :applause:

From a fellow anthropologist (socio-cultural, but with training in and application of a four [five, if you count applied anthro.] approach) (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story. I was wondering how the cold snap in Florida would affect the native wild life. Any news on the Alligators? And I wonder if this will help combat the non-native species that have made it into the wild, Boas, Pythons, Anaconda's and venomous snakes that were released either by mistake or on purpose.

This is so cool! My wife and I love turtles. We have seven box turtles in our back yard...Three adults and four that were born in our back yard. We never knew that the females can hold sperm inside for up too four years until they think it's a good place to lay the eggs. The young ones are four years old now.

We would love to see a Sea turtle on a beach.

We wish we could have been there to help out.