• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil #1 9.6

24 posts in this topic

Interesting coincidence. The Daredevil #1 9.6 on PedigreeComics is the same copy in his registry. This leads to the question - What did he replace it with ? In his last auction he had a high grade copy where the high bid was that of another collector, but the deal was not consumated because the collector was told that at first the book was not shipped, and then when it was it was damaged. Now all of a sudden Captain Tripps personal copy is up for sale with no replacement ? Wonder if he does have another copy in 9.6, he would be willing to post a scan of the new 9.6 like all the other books in his collection. If there is a new 9.6 and it is the same copy the collector had the high bid on, I would think he could sue.

I'm having trouble making sense of what your asking.

Doug owned two 9.6 copies, one that got upgraded from a 9.4 about two years ago.

He's selling one and keeping the other.

You're original post makes it sound like he was selling a 9.6 and then decided to keep it.

If he was selling a 9.4, and it's not a 9.6 that will be 3 that he owns IIRC. Unless he sold one.

I'm having trouble making sense of what your asking.

Doug owned two 9.6 copies, one that got upgraded from a 9.4 about two years ago.

He's selling one and keeping the other.

You're original post makes it sound like he was selling a 9.6 and then decided to keep it.

I was just about to say the same thing.

If there is a new 9.6 and it is the same copy the collector had the high bid on, I would think he could sue.

I don't know much about the laws governing auctions, but that sounds stupid. What loss did the winning bidder incur that would give him the right to sue for anything? This kind of thing should undermine the integrity of Pedigree's auctions if it were true, but monetary compensation seems out of line.

I am saying that Captain Tripps personal 9.6 in the one in the auction now (see registry). Why? what did he replace it with? Interesting another 9.6 copy hits the census right after his last auction. Is this new 9.6 copy that hit the census now put into his collection to replace the one in the current auction? As a coincidence a high grade 9.4 copy was denied to the high bidder due to reasons above. Was this 9.4 copy that was denied to the high bidder the new 9.6 sitting in his collection, which allowed him to sell the one on his registry?

Was this 9.4 copy that was denied to the high bidder the new 9.6 sitting in his collection, which allowed him to sell the one on his registry?

It's possible. It seems like an underhanded thing to do with a lot of visibility so it would be dumb to say the least.

Did anyone save the scan of the 9.4?

R.

Your "Doug resubmitted the 9.4 from last auction" hypothesis is plausible but seems unlikely. Usually he does his analysis of books that could get a bump and then resubmitting before the auction begins, so why would he do it afterwards this time? One explanation could be that he didn't get the book from the consignor in time...

Do you even have a scan of the 9.4 that sold to compare it to this hypothetical new 9.6?

It's possible. It seems like an underhanded thing to do with a lot of visibility

Not if he reads this thread and then just never posts a scan of the book in his "Vault." I think we're just about stuck in the realm of conspiracy theory from this point on... :gossip: :gossip:

I am saying that Captain Tripps personal 9.6 in the one in the auction now (see registry). Why? what did he replace it with? Interesting another 9.6 copy hits the census right after his last auction. Is this new 9.6 copy that hit the census now put into his collection to replace the one in the current auction? As a coincidence a high grade 9.4 copy was denied to the high bidder due to reasons above. Was this 9.4 copy that was denied to the high bidder the new 9.6 sitting in his collection, which allowed him to sell the one on his registry?

Instead of posting conspiracy theories, why don't you ask him? (shrug)

Instead of posting conspiracy theories, why don't you ask him? (shrug)

Ooo. Never thought of that.

^^

I was confused at first but this clears it up nicely. :insane:

Was this 9.4 copy that was denied to the high bidder the new 9.6 sitting in his collection, which allowed him to sell the one on his registry?

It's possible. It seems like an underhanded thing to do with a lot of visibility so it would be dumb to say the least.

R.

Yeah, real dumb.

Almost as dumb as attempting to launder a Ewert book through CGC within 24 hours of being told by two people it's a Ewert book. meh

R.

Yeah, real dumb.

Almost as dumb as attempting to launder a Ewert book through CGC within 24 hours of being told by two people it's a Ewert book. meh

That's definitely dumb.

(thumbs u