• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2021 at 7:29 PM, UncleBEN said:

CVA stickers add value as proven by recent sales and recent resubmissions, but the QES program seem to be more incestual then CVA. 

Meaning I would argue that some collectors do care about nicely presenting books that also perhaps have a sticker on them.

I think I will have a couple of mine QES/CVA/WTF certified and make some real cash :P 

yes metropolis' advent of QES being late to the party certainly has to play catch up to CVA, but both are equally incestuous. cva is comiclink and qes is metropolis/comicconnect. comiclink very clearly has a roll of cva stickers in the closet and busts them out at each auction. 

On 9/6/2021 at 4:42 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

My estimate is 250k to 300k at the moment depending on the buyer. You have to take into account not all buyers know about CC or CL and so on. It will continue to rise.

I'm guessing all buyers of 250K books are well aware of heritage and CC and clink etc... they might not see an IG seller, but I find it hard to believe folks don't do due diligence or 6 figures books...most all are likely already involved in the hobby to some extent and are well aware of sources...my 2c

On 9/8/2021 at 3:14 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

The reason I said this is for so long I only had Ebay and HA in mind until about 2014 when I discovered CL and CC and I have been a collector for decades. Just thinking newer blood may not know their auction venues as much as veterans.

Were you buying 6 figure books then? If so , would have been very easy to discover all venues with a simple search (thumbsu

On 9/11/2021 at 11:40 AM, c_mkv said:

Surprised no one commented on this book at 90k…slight chipping on top but someone got a deal considering the 8.5 went for 150k

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/x-men-1-marvel-1963-cgc-vf-80-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7246-94215.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

I don't think that's chipping, looks like yellow overspray.  Imagine how the guy who bought this 8.0 OW/W for $147,000 must feel.

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1481669 

On 9/11/2021 at 11:40 AM, c_mkv said:

Surprised no one commented on this book at 90k…slight chipping on top but someone got a deal considering the 8.5 went for 150k

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/x-men-1-marvel-1963-cgc-vf-80-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7246-94215.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

ouch... and to think.. i sold my 8.0 about 5 years ago for 13k :boo:

(thanks goodness i still have my 6.5!)

On 9/23/2021 at 9:51 AM, mouschi said:

Is X-Men #1 still considered a hot book?  

in all seriousness, since you seem to either be unaware of gpa, or unwilling to pay for a subscription, mid grades have come down from their peak this past spring, but are still up about 100% over their value one year ago, which is very nice if you have one. higher grades seem to be holding very strong, although some results are also a bit lower than in springtime. not a ton of sales in 7.0 or higher if you dont include comiclink, which is not in gpa. in grade 6.5 the four sales this year were  29k,35k, 57k and 46k in chronological order. last year that grade was about 11k-14k. also, appearance of the book also makes a huge difference. 

in sum, very strong still, not as smoking hot as in springtime. but still pricey to buy. the right copy with eye appeal will still crush it right now.

On 10/31/2021 at 8:18 PM, Drummy said:

Way to go, Kevin -- great book!

Thanks Dan.  it's not a "Dan book"  but Good PQ, No chipping, good white cover, excellent centering and good price without having to pay taxes/shipping. I'll hang onto it.