• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, captain_em said:

I just saw the selections of x-men 1 in the ComicLink July auction. Does anyone know the difference between the Focused auction and the Featured auction at CL? 

I think just grouping and marketing? They typically have the higher end books on the featured - although this isn’t a hard and fast rule I’m sure if you sent them a 9.6 X-Men 1 and told them you want it in the focused auction they’d do whatever you wanted. 

12 hours ago, GAMBIT said:

3 day auction + Poor looking 4.0 (IMO) + late end time on Saturday night + shipping from Canada = recipe for a weak sale. 

my 2c 

Yep. All of those things plus the seller didn’t have any feedback that was within the last 6 months and not a ton of feedback in general…. And I’m not really all that huge into feedback but if you’re selling a 5 figure book and trying to ship it across the border I’d like to see that you at least have some recent history of dealing/shipping in slabs internationally with happy customers. This book would have went for quite a bit more had the seller sent to one of the auction houses.

On 7/11/2021 at 8:01 AM, Mdrguy101 said:

Saw an X Men 1 CGC 4.0 sell for $13,642.96 at auction last night on eBay. Presented pretty well. Seems awfully low, no?

I see his shipping he limits his sale to certain customers?  Definitely could have gotten more, that 2.5 I sold via FB to a friend of a friend was 15k CAD.   I think this also the beginning of the correction, recent low sales will follow with others until we see a downward trend....

12 hours ago, spreads said:

I see his shipping he limits his sale to certain customers?  Definitely could have gotten more, that 2.5 I sold via FB to a friend of a friend was 15k CAD.   I think this also the beginning of the correction, recent low sales will follow with others until we see a downward trend....

Yeah they had this in the description: I am only willing to ship this item to PWCC Vault or Shipmycards Customers due to people complaining about not receiving items.

Thats going to be a pass for a lot of buyers, I don’t know either of these companies and don’t care to read how legit they are or sign up for any membership on their sites even if it’s free. People come to eBay because they can buy low hassle. Also, I don’t see why this is a huge concern in the first place - people complaining about not receiving items? If you ship with a tracking number and signature confirmation which is required on eBay for purchases this large and it shows as delivered you’re safe as a seller on eBay, the buyer can’t demand a refund and claim they didn’t receive the item. They can talk to the shipping carrier about mail theft, but again if you signed for it you’re going to look pretty dumb. All that adds up to a lot of people not wanting to bid IMO. Prices might be dipping but I’d not look at this sale too hard as evidence.

3 hours ago, speedcake said:

Some cooling or small correction should be expected on #1, I suppose.

the other books in the run seem to keep on trucking, though. Probably can expect even more heat in the whole run if/when we start getting real concrete movement in the MCU.

I agree.  As individual characters start to get casted and confirmed, I'm sure we'll start to see movement in stuff like 2, 3, 12, 14, 28, 64, etc.  Right now it's mostly just the super safe X-keys that are hot.

12 and 14 have been running for over a year now. You can say the same for the other books you listed as well as 10. Now books like 5,6,7,8,9 are popping. The rest of the early issues and other 1st apps are heating up now as they are still relatively cheap.

On 7/15/2021 at 9:22 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

I think the beginning of the correction could have been five minutes after I bought my copy of X-Men 1.

My superpower is buying at the peak. ;-)

Well tell us when you want to sell!  :) 

On 7/15/2021 at 6:22 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

I think the beginning of the correction could have been five minutes after I bought my copy of X-Men 1.

My superpower is buying at the peak. ;-)

I was looking at the upper mid-range sales over the last couple of months. For comparison, I'm also showing what the GPA price was moving up from just a few months ago. 

May-9 6.0 $46,000 (Mar $25,000)

Jun-27 6.5 $56,999 (Jun $34,000)

Jun-18 7.0 $49,200 (Dec 2019 $23,600 last sale)

May-22 7.5 $75,000 (Feb $29,500)

Jun-25 8.5 $114,000 (Apr $78,000)

These are pretty strong jumps in the 6.0 - 8.5 range. I think that between April and June that there was a bit of a "traffic jam." The 4.0/5.0 books were up against higher graded books that were still in the 20 - 30k range on GPA. They needed these higher graded books to take the next step before they come start moving up to the next level.

2c

I'm definitely NOT selling. 

On 7/19/2021 at 2:53 PM, CycleGirl said:

I was looking at the upper mid-range sales over the last couple of months. For comparison, I'm also showing what the GPA price was moving up from just a few months ago. 

May-9 6.0 $46,000 (Mar $25,000)

Jun-27 6.5 $56,999 (Jun $34,000)

Jun-18 7.0 $49,200 (Dec 2019 $23,600 last sale)

May-22 7.5 $75,000 (Feb $29,500)

Jun-25 8.5 $114,000 (Apr $78,000)

These are pretty strong jumps in the 6.0 - 8.5 range. I think that between April and June that there was a bit of a "traffic jam." The 4.0/5.0 books were up against higher graded books that were still in the 20 - 30k range on GPA. They needed these higher graded books to take the next step before they come start moving up to the next level.

2c

I'm definitely NOT selling. 

Ya IMO it'd be pretty goofy to sell any time soon, if that's someone's plan. 

On 7/20/2021 at 4:55 AM, MetaHuman said:

This book plus GSX #1 have had meteoric rises in 2021 without any movie or TV hype around the X-Men. If you don't need to sell now, it's probably best to wait until Marvel announces an X-Men movie. 

Agree with this. I was in the camp that X-Men 1 and GSX #1 were undervalued and the rise in the past year was a bit of catching up. I also anticipate further rise when X-Men officially join the MCU.