• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2021 at 1:10 AM, Batmanis#1 said:

Been on CL for a while now had no offers today someone offered 200k for this X-Men 1 CGC 9.0.

https://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dx-men%2B1%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1495216

I put zero value in 'offers' on sites.

I've put in an offer on several sites only to have it accepted right away, making it seem like the standing offer on the sites were just shill offers placing a floor on the book.

Until a book sells, asking prices and anonymous offers are completely meaningless to me.

On 11/6/2021 at 9:12 AM, CycleGirl said:

Here are the results of the C'Link auction that ended on 11/4/2021

X-Men #1 CGC 2.0 $9,151  

X-Men #1 CGC 4.0 $16,679  

X-Men #1 CGC 6.5 $38,511 

The price on the 6.5 was a bit low as these have been selling above $43k . It definitely looks like sales are softening a bit along with the rest of the market. It might be time to pick up some deals.

00000211665000113889745002.jpg

thanks for sharing these results. i'd guess that the soft result on the 6.5 is mostly because it does not present that well for the grade. i've also seen worse, but it's quite toned all over and that top edge is an issue. the price for the 4.0 is in line with recent sales on gpa. but you're right, prices are generally down from springtime, with the exception of some key books. hulk1, af15, and all ff keys seem to be stronger than ever. 

On 11/6/2021 at 9:12 AM, CycleGirl said:

Here are the results of the C'Link auction that ended on 11/4/2021

X-Men #1 CGC 2.0 $9,151  

X-Men #1 CGC 4.0 $16,679  

X-Men #1 CGC 6.5 $38,511 

The price on the 6.5 was a bit low as these have been selling above $43k . It definitely looks like sales are softening a bit along with the rest of the market. It might be time to pick up some deals.

00000211665000113889745002.jpg

The 6.5 looks somewhat underwhelming to me because of the marvel chipping and pre-chipping on the cover and the cream/tan looking cover (this , despite the seemingly excellent "ow/w" "pq" on the label.  :eyeroll:)

-J.

On 12/11/2021 at 1:49 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

X-Men 1 CGC 9.0 at 172 000$ 6 days left.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/941861

The X-Men are soon joining the MCU, the highest-grossing and most-popular film franchise of all time. Having lead to millions of new fans and interest in Marvel comics, key issues have skyrocketed in value in recent years. X-Men #1 is an all-time classic key issue, ranking among the most influential and important comics ever. An 8.5 recently sold for almost $160,000 while a 9.2 recently sold for $250,000. X-Men #1 has been hitting record prices this year. What will it be worth after the next generation of X-Men movies and fans?

remember how they said the 15% buyers premium awhile back was because a consignor wanted it?? yeah right, and airline baggage fees were a temporary measure too 20 years ago. more and more items on comicconnect have the buyers premium on them. but is it calculated for you when you bid, or do i have to do actual math when placing a bid?

their little tiny buttons for 'next page' are infuriating, and the site loads slowly. imagine how many more bidders they'd have if their site was good and they had a consistent BP policy instead of jerking us all around. i havent bought a book from them yet and remain unlikely to do so. comiclink and heritage, who straight up cheat,  end up getting most of my comics money. and private dealers. 

On 12/17/2021 at 6:38 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

X-Men 1 CGC 9.0 ends in a few hours so far at 185k.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/941861?tzf=1

Didn't you specifically start a thread for these kinds of posts so that people can discuss auctions and prices realized in that thread (there) instead of in the main topics thread for each book (here)? You posted this exact same thing in that thread, so why are you posting it here? What's up? (shrug)