• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,548 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2024 at 5:43 AM, Drummy said:

That's a beautiful book, congrats!  I have a new XMen 1 coming soon that also has a date stamp...will post when it's in hand next month!

Dan

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing your copy when you get it!

Edited by silverseeker
Added text.

Oh, to be totally accurate this started as a RESTORED NG (Missing the cover and the entire first page, reproduction cover - and a WRONG reproduction of page one - attached to the book with double sided tape, CGC misidentified that tape as glue...yikes). Not sure what the owner was smoking that made him think all this would get him a 0.5 (he says he did all that amateur work hoping for that grade, and I had to give him a few lessons on actually turning NG books to 0.5 properly), but I was happy to buy it off him for cheap just to have some sort of X-Men #1 in my collection...but then decided to go all out on it once a loose original cover came up for sale locally.

So this junk went from Restored NG to Conserved 2.5.

Screenshot2024-07-22at11_30_04AM.thumb.png.909d6233426351cd5a045fd98a12e73d.png