• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2022 at 9:26 AM, gadzukes said:

I agree.  Unless there's something really wrong with the back cover I think you'll get at least a 1/2 grade bump, and hopefully a fully grade bump.

Grader Notes
Back Cover Foxing
Interior Foxing
Left Center Front Cover Wear Breaks Color
Right Bottom Front Cover Medium Crease Breaks Color
Right Center Front Cover Stain

On 11/11/2022 at 11:56 AM, alexgross.com said:

this one is really going to hurt gpa average. apologies to the seller of this book but it's one of the worst 7.0 white pagers i've seen. a good example of why one should buy the book and not the label. 

E26A42E3-90B8-422D-82AA-23BC4B4419A1.jpeg

Nice 5.0 in a 7.0 dress :facepalm:

On 11/11/2022 at 12:36 PM, Roger66 said:

Finally got a WHITE pager.  While I am not so into a comic being white vs of-white-white - I was never able to secure a white-pager until now. If I had to hazard a guess I'd imagine easily less than 10% if not closer to 5% of all blue labeled X-MEN 1s are designated White pages. :preach:

white.JPG

Congrats on the copy. The colors look great and I always loved the dark green text box.

Very petty copy! 

On 11/12/2022 at 6:48 AM, KCOComics said:

Congrats on the copy. The colors look great and I always loved the dark green text box.

Very petty copy! 

thanks.... I have seen 4.0 copies that I prefer aesthetically way-over 7.0s because of the front cover presentations.  I don't like those semi-faded lime greens that many copies have.  This often explains the price swings you see in this book.  GPA does not grade eye-appeal. :nyah:

On 11/12/2022 at 9:49 AM, Roger66 said:

thanks.... I have seen 4.0 copies that I prefer aesthetically way-over 7.0s because of the front cover presentations.  I don't like those semi-faded lime greens that many copies have.  This often explains the price swings you see in this book.  GPA does not grade eye-appeal. :nyah:

As the owner of one of those Lime Green copies, I agree with you lol. 

I want to upgrade mine, but will be looking for a dark green, sharp copy when I do. 

Edited by KCOComics

On 11/12/2022 at 10:05 AM, KCOComics said:

As the owner of one of those Lime Green copies, I agree with you lol. 

I want to upgrade mine, but will be looking for a dark green, sharp copy when I do. 

Problem with those dark greens is that they seem to tend to have a higher “transparency” on that front cover where you can see the ad on the back of the cover’s text. 

I may just be imagining it, but it seems that that “transparency” issue is not as bad with the lime greens. 

Interestingly, there seem to be ones that are in between lime and dark green that are consistently the best in terms of not having that transparency issue. 

I’m probably imagining all of this, but curious if people have noticed this too / have the same problem with this transparency thing…

On 11/12/2022 at 9:29 PM, WNY said:

Problem with those dark greens is that they seem to tend to have a higher “transparency” on that front cover where you can see the ad on the back of the cover’s text. 

I may just be imagining it, but it seems that that “transparency” issue is not as bad with the lime greens. 

Interestingly, there seem to be ones that are in between lime and dark green that are consistently the best in terms of not having that transparency issue. 

I’m probably imagining all of this, but curious if people have noticed this too / have the same problem with this transparency thing…

I can't say that I've made that connection, but that doesn't mean your wrong. 

I've seen some beautiful high grade copies with very fresh white covers, that suffer from transparency issues. And I've always associated the transparency with those copies that have clean "off the shelf" white covers. But maybe that's over simplifying it. 

On 11/12/2022 at 6:49 AM, Roger66 said:

as has been discussed before, i believe that "faded lime green" is simply a different green used in some printings of the book. i've seen many beautifully presenting copies with bright colors that have the light green color. i take your point that many people feel the dark green color feels richer than the light green one.  the 7.0 i shared is yellowed and indeed has some fading on it. and it also has the light green color. there are plenty of yellowed and faded copies with the dark green too. your copy presents really well for the grade- 

On 1/12/2023 at 1:38 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

That 9.0 copy is inferior to the first one that sold today.  I expect the 2nd one to sell for less, maybe in the 90k range

On 1/12/2023 at 1:59 PM, Batmanis#1 said:
On 1/12/2023 at 1:45 PM, Dark Knight said:

That 9.0 copy is inferior to the first one that sold today.  I expect the 2nd one to sell for less, maybe in the 90k range

Closed at 102k.

I was wrong lol.  But still, the first copy that sold looked much better!  

Sure there are other forums for this, but wanted to focus on the X-Men 1 Club first, anyone have a X1 8.0 or higher Blue Label they are willing to do a trade (for a X1 6.5x Blue) + cash? 

Want to use this as an opportunity to upgrade but don't really want to have to hold onto two X1s... 

On 2/8/2023 at 4:16 PM, WNY said:

Sure there are other forums for this, but wanted to focus on the X-Men 1 Club first, anyone have a X1 8.0 or higher Blue Label they are willing to do a trade (for a X1 6.5x Blue) + cash? 

Want to use this as an opportunity to upgrade but don't really want to have to hold onto two X1s... 

Ya, prices are down quite a bit off the high.  I just checked GPA and almost all grades are quite a bit lower than 2021 averages, this would be a good time to upgrade!  If only someone had warned others that high interest rates and a weakening economy would cause a correction.....:whistle:

On 2/10/2023 at 9:14 AM, spreads said:

Ya, prices are down quite a bit off the high.  I just checked GPA and almost all grades are quite a bit lower than 2021 averages, this would be a good time to upgrade!  If only someone had warned others that high interest rates and a weakening economy would cause a correction.....:whistle:

I caught my 5,0 at the beginning of the drop. In fact it was the first one to drop below 20 in a year and a half. Before the past sales were 23 to 26k not counting e bay because who really knows at the place. The one I got went for a few thousand under 20. I was surprised I was the high bidder especially with the pedigree status and what it had been selling for. One of the rare times I think I did something right.