• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-1 star Ebay rating--didnt think it was poss

83 posts in this topic

The USPS site lets you figure out shipping costs based on weight and where you are shipping to, even if you don't use their site to ship with. I use the app. weight of the books (~1 lb. for 5 bagged & boarded books) plus 1 pound for the box & other cardboard, and am pretty dang close each time. My over/under is usually in the $1 range, not $4... I might could be PO'd if overcharged $4 on shipping for just a few items.

-slym

Love the screen name. Between this guy, the cast of "Jersey Shore", and any Tony Danza character from the last 30 years we are never going to shake the stereotype...are we?

Fogidaboudit.

I had someone leave me a "neutral" feedback the other day and left their response as "a nice person to deal with"

I was pissed, I sent her messages asking why she had left me neutral feedback and if there had been a problem with the item that she should have contacted me first, and I never heard back from her.

I then got another feedback (positive at least) stating, "shipping was too slow"....to SPAIN!!! I have in my international shipping that I ship regular (first class) mail, not express/expedited, etc. doh!

Hey, thanks to all that supported my feedback and cause. Very interesting comments. I thought the whole thing was hilarious. As for my feedback left to others, little do you know about what happened during the WHOLE transaction. Feedback only lets you leave so much info. In the case of the "excessive shipping", I was duped into having to pay more for shipping and this was not fair. It was automatic and it somehow charged me more. Wouldn't you be pissed off? Anyway, as a seller, I also use a scale specifically for shipping since I use the Paypal system to ship. Works like a charm and if you research my feedback, it's awesome!

As for the seller (who I still think is fraudulent): zero feedback in the beginning, backed out of the transaction (either got my personal info, does not have the books, or backed out to re-sell them higher. Regardless the reason, YES, "not a good way to start." The only reason I took this risk is because Paypal backed me up. I have reported him to Ebay, Paypal, and my bank in case funny stuff happens afterward with my personal information.

Get this: Look at who is bidding up the books. Other buyers with 1 or 0 feedback. Interesting. I wouldn't doubt if he has buddies skewing the bids. I feel bad for whoever wins this time around. Peace everyone and don't be scared to buy or sell to me. lol

I don't have a postal scale and usually don't even package my items until they sell.

I bought a scale from "justpoundsandounces" on Ebay and am pretty happy with it. They have a fairly terrible toolhaus rating, so maybe I got lucky. I would recommend you get a scale, though.

I buy my bubble mailers and bought my scale from them. I've never had a problem with justpoundsandounces.

(1) The bidding on the books now is lower than what you bid, but not shady, as you are. I'd rather have a clear conscience then deal with a shady character such as yourself.

(2) I have the books and I have sent pictures of the books, taken yesterday, to a few people there.

(3) You knew I was new to eBay and you decided to try to take advantage of that by asking me multiple time to violate the rules and to deal outside of eBay for whatever dirty dealing you had in mind.

(4) What "personal information" of yours would I have?

(5) Get over yourself.

(6) I cancelled the transaction with you and refunded your money. I'm glad I did, because you seem a little berzerk.

hm I'm just not understanding how he would get your personal info? unless ofcourse you were trying to get him to pull the sale and buy it aside from ebay or something along those lines. (shrug)

That's exactly what he was trying to do.

He wanted me to close out the original item and repost it so only he could bid on it.

When I couldn't do that, he won the bidding then asked me to cancel the transaction through eBay and then deal directly through PayPal and then his "bing" account.

He volunteered to pay all of the re-list fees, the cancellation fees, etc. as long as he, a private collector, could get hold of the books, so that he can turn around and sell them to someone else.

I have all of the emails we sent back and forth including the eBay emails.

If I had been more savvy with eBay, I would have known to avoid dealing with someone like the shady person who tried to take advantage of my naivety with eBay.

Just for grins, I check the feedback given by the guy who neged him. He looks like he enjoys hammering people with negative feedback. I'd probably avoid both seller and buyer.

I wasn't able to check to see feedback he's left.

Hmm....

Interesting....

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=sonofywh&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

Just for grins, I check the feedback given by the guy who neged him. He looks like he enjoys hammering people with negative feedback. I'd probably avoid both seller and buyer.

I wasn't able to check to see feedback he's left.

Hmm....

Interesting....

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=sonofywh&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

I just love these boards! Start up a discussion on some failed transaction on eBay that has nothing to do with anyone here, dissect it to bits, and then drag in the two principle players into the fray for our amusement. This is the way of the CGC Boards.

:popcorn:

I just love these boards! Start up a discussion on some failed transaction on eBay that has nothing to do with anyone here, dissect it to bits, and then drag in the two principle players into the fray for our amusement. This is the way of the CGC Boards.

:popcorn:

So true. We've seen many external spats arrive on our doorstep. Usually the Board acts as the jury.