• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your comic-collecting goals?

85 posts in this topic

Lifetime goals include: Between me and my future wife, owning a full silver run of every single major marvel. Working on X-men 1-66 right now. She is working on Silver Surfer run and all his silver and bronze appearances. She just mentioned that Fantastic four is a run she wants to do. I keep telling her how crazy expensive that will be but it's a good lifetime goal. I would like to start Daredevil in 2011 maybe. Also have my eye on the Atlas run of Tales to Astonish..I think it's 1-33?

Also, I want to eventually start buying mid grade EC horror starting with Tales from the Crypt but that would be a run where I pick up 2-3 books a year and not be ravenous about it lol .

I do collect ASM keys when I can as starting that complete run is just way too intimidating for me right now lol . I consider myself an extremely serious collector but with a modest budget.

My absolute holy grail is a AF15. If I don't upgrade my 4.0 restored x-men #1 to a unrestored 5.0 I might keep my eye out for a 1.5 at the Boston con coming up. But blazing bob has a really nice graded 5.0 X-men #1 and if that's at the con with him, it might be too tempting lol

Lastly, I think this hobby is SO fun. Being that my girlfriend collects as well just makes it that much more fun.

I like these threads!

Dude,your g/f has a better comic collection than you lol lol

I hope you save the money to buy a AF #15 :applause:

I'm closing in on a few goals:

X-MEN 94-200 in HG...I'm only missing a few issues.

Collecting everything John Byrne has done comics wise. I'm actually pretty close on this one as well.

Collecting everything that George Perez has worked on for Marvel & DC. Close to this one as well.

I recently started collecting Tomb of Dracula and Werewolf by Night so that will keep me occupied once my other goals have been completed.

Mine are all short term and relatively easy to pull off. For now here are mine, some are higher on my priority than others.

Complete run of Elfquest start to finish. I have full runs of everything up to when multiple titles started coming out after Kings. I am more than half way done.

Finish my Epic Akira run. Missing the harder to find issues, but lickily it's only a few. I will track them down at decent prices eventually. I bet I finish it for under $100.

Catch up on Usagi Yojimbo. This is the one I have been most actively working on. I'm missing quite a bit, but the bulk of it can be picked up for a dollar an issue.

Catch up on Hack / Slash. I can do it in one purchase if I get my act together.

Finish my Deadworld collection. I have everything before Image. I don't think it will be hard to finish this one.

Complete collection of Cerebus. I have less than 100 issues, but I am okay with reprints so it won't be a problem.

Complete collection of Silverwolf and Greater Mercury Comics. Not high on the priority list. I'll pick a few up here and there. Might never accomplish this one.

I'm sure many more will come as these ones get checked off the list. I am already very interested in Savage Sword Of Conan, Epic Illustrated, and Heavy Metal.

Complete my All-Star Western/Weird Western Talkes Jonah Hex run. Have all the keys just need 5 or 6 later issues.

Complete Swamp Thing 1-10 (Wrightson) and HOS 92

At the moment...that is it.

Once I do that I plan on....

Strange Tales from #110 on and Dr. Strange Marvel Premier issues. Already completed Doctor Strange volume 1 and volume 2.

Savage Sword of Conan...particularly the issues with Solomon Kane stories.

After that I don't know. But whatever it is Ill have fun doing it.

Lifetime goals include: Between me and my future wife, owning a full silver run of every single major marvel. Working on X-men 1-66 right now. She is working on Silver Surfer run and all his silver and bronze appearances. She just mentioned that Fantastic four is a run she wants to do. I keep telling her how crazy expensive that will be but it's a good lifetime goal. I would like to start Daredevil in 2011 maybe. Also have my eye on the Atlas run of Tales to Astonish..I think it's 1-33?

Also, I want to eventually start buying mid grade EC horror starting with Tales from the Crypt but that would be a run where I pick up 2-3 books a year and not be ravenous about it lol .

I do collect ASM keys when I can as starting that complete run is just way too intimidating for me right now lol . I consider myself an extremely serious collector but with a modest budget.

My absolute holy grail is a AF15. If I don't upgrade my 4.0 restored x-men #1 to a unrestored 5.0 I might keep my eye out for a 1.5 at the Boston con coming up. But blazing bob has a really nice graded 5.0 X-men #1 and if that's at the con with him, it might be too tempting lol

Lastly, I think this hobby is SO fun. Being that my girlfriend collects as well just makes it that much more fun.

I like these threads!

:roflmao:

I like these threads!

:roflmao:

:acclaim:

I like these threads!

She wishes! lol She has been picking up some cool books lately! It's fun because most of the time i'm home and get to open the boxes. She posted 1000 times in her first month here haha Meanwhile i've been here since 2003 and have barely any posts. Been trying to play catch up and get in on more conversations though. Her collection is definitely very nice already though!! I like her focus a lot! It's funny because when she decided to start buying comics, I had mentioned that FF48 and SS#1 were on my list of key issues I wanted. Basically she told me, "no that's not going to happen anymore baby. Not only that, but go thru your comics and give me every single Silver Surfer book you have." I feel so whipped! lol

I like these threads!

NO lol . She just posts 1000 times in her first month here haha Meanwhile i've been here since 2003 and have barely any posts. Been trying to play catch up and get in on more conversations though. Her collection is definitely very nice already though!!

Yeah,well I'm trying to finish my MCP #72-84 CGC 9.8 SS set,start a Green Lantern CGC set,and FINALLY get myself a Hulk #181 :grin:

But your goals are pretty cool too.

I'm closing in on a few goals:

X-MEN 94-200 in HG...I'm only missing a few issues.

Collecting everything John Byrne has done comics wise. I'm actually pretty close on this one as well.

Collecting everything that George Perez has worked on for Marvel & DC. Close to this one as well.

I recently started collecting Tomb of Dracula and Werewolf by Night so that will keep me occupied once my other goals have been completed.

doh! What he said. But seriously, if you could just send me all of that, you could save me alot of trouble. :)

Short term:

I recently completed a full run of The Walking Dead.

Long term:

1.) To collect the 1st appearance of every Marvel character of note.

2.) To finish my Amazing Spider-Man full run up to 400. Shouldn't be too bad since I already have 250 up and most of the expensive early issues including a copy of Amazing Fantasy #15. :headbang:

I like these threads!

NO lol . She just posts 1000 times in her first month here haha Meanwhile i've been here since 2003 and have barely any posts. Been trying to play catch up and get in on more conversations though. Her collection is definitely very nice already though!!

Yeah,well I'm trying to finish my MCP #72-84 CGC 9.8 SS set,start a Green Lantern CGC set,and FINALLY get myself a Hulk #181 :grin:

But your goals are pretty cool too.

Go for it!! Plenty of great Hulk 181s out there. What grade are you looking to get? I would love another 8.0