• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your comic-collecting goals?

85 posts in this topic

My goals are:

Turok Son of Stone #1 ( #596 - #50 )

Conan the Barbarian #1 - 40

Police Comics #1 - 102

Plastic Man #1 - 26

Detective Comics #90 - 114

Marvel Mystery Comics #51 - 66

Jingle Jangle #1 - 42

Looney Tunes #1 - 120

Plus any Schomburg war covers that catch my fancy

All in grade?

All in clean, flat, solid mid grade or better. I'm not a high grade guy, but I do want them to be nice.....and NOT SLABBED :sumo:

Actually, I have all the Conans, almost all the Turoks, almost half the Police, almost half the Detectives, but the others need some work. But hey, the Feb. CLINK auction looks pretty good (thumbs u

I'd like to have the highest graded run of every comic ever made.... minus Aquaman...

Man, SA Aquaman had some pretty dang cool covers. Too bad he's likely the most useless superhero out there....and DC to boot... :sick:

My goals are:

Turok Son of Stone #1 ( #596 - #50 )

Conan the Barbarian #1 - 40

Police Comics #1 - 102

Plastic Man #1 - 26

Detective Comics #90 - 114

Marvel Mystery Comics #51 - 66

Jingle Jangle #1 - 42

Looney Tunes #1 - 120

Plus any Schomburg war covers that catch my fancy

All in grade?

Well, I'm sure they'll all be in some grade, sure...

;)

To complete my Aquaman collection..., meh

And to sell everything off before I die so that my survivors aren't stuck with this humongous horse-collar. :acclaim:

I'd like to meet a new local comic buddy in Massachusetts this year! Would be cool to have someone to hang out with once in a while or go to the comic shop with.

Bromance :grin:

Hot Wiccan comic collecting girlfriend just isn't doing it for him? :whistle:

haha Bromance! It would just be cool to have a local buddy to trade comics with and all that. Most of the guys I talk to at the local comic shops just jabber on and on about crappy titles that I have absolutely no interest in. I almost joined a local graphic novel discussion group but after reading some of their posts on their message board, I wanted to vomit. Sounded like an English Lit class at a non-credited community college lol

She definitely fuels my fire though..that's for damn sure! (thumbs u

I'm getting really really really close to completing a significant goal: all of the Matt Baker Sky Girl issues of Jumbo Comics (plus two others). That's Jumbo Comics 68-130. He didn't do 68, but it's her first appearance and she didn't appear in 79, but I couldn't stand to have a one-issue gap in a sixty book run. I'm ordering four more today from a good reputable dealer and once those arrive, I'm two away. Time to break out the crazy money stash.

Other goals are:

A full Fight Comics run, broken into three discrete sub-sets: 19-48 (Pre jungle cover Senorita Rio issues), 49-86 (jungle and Korean war covers), 1-18 (the early stuff).

Daredevil Vol. 1 (the Marvel title, not the GA title), with 158-191 in GCG 9.6 WP. I recently purchased a 1 in 8.0, so it's all downhill from there.

More Planet comics.

More GGA!

Complete Conan 1-26 all in CGC 9.6 with White pages (Few issues left)

Fantastic Four 133 CGC 9.6 with White pages

Marvel Team-Up #7 CGC 9.6 with White pages

Marvel Super-Heroes #13 CGC 9.4 Off-White to White/White Pages

Nick Fury 1-18 in CGC 9.4/9.6 with White Pages

Strange Tales 135 in CGC 9.0+ with White Pages

Why those specific issues? To an outsider they seem almost randomly chosen...I'm guessing they're issues you just enjoyed reading at some point in the past that you figured it'd be nice to get high grade copies of?

Why those specific issues? To an outsider they seem almost randomly chosen...I'm guessing they're issues you just enjoyed reading at some point in the past that you figured it'd be nice to get high grade copies of?

Fantastic Four 133 and Mavel Team-up #7 are the very first issues I bought off the stands as a kid. I already have Iron Man #57, Captain America #160, Amazing Spider-Man #119(mercy I had to save to get that one) and Avengers 110. These are not all I bought but these are the books that started me off collecting and loving comic books.

I treasure these books more than any other books in my collection.

Marve Super-Heroes #13 because I've the #12, #14 and #15, so I would like this number and I like Captain Marvel(although I sold all my graded copies to buy Conan's)

I've got most of the 1-18 run of Nick Fury so I would like his first appearance - Strange Tales #135 preferably in 9.0+.

1 - to own a CGC copy of every book with a Neal Adams cover

2 - to own a CGC copy of every book with Peanuts on the cover

3 - to buy well priced (under valued), high grade cool covers when no one is watching

To finish my Avengers run - 4 books

To finish my Marvel Team-up run - 3 books

To finish my Defenders run - 2 books

To finish my Doctor Strange run - 1 freakin' book!

All 9.6 or better except the early Avengers.