• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You know what I hate?

226 posts in this topic

Sellers that ship you books in ratty old scuffed, torn and recycled Mylars, covered with old tape and labels, and with bent backboards and bent corners. Top it off with two flimsy pieces of carboard in a PM envelope - Sheesh! doh!

Whatever happened to just plain old respect, common decency, or gawd-forbid, good customer service? This place never ceases to amaze me. :mad:

It's like the seller thinks the sale is over once the funds hit their PayPal account, and even after they demand that the payment be sent as a "gift" - What a freakin' "spoon" :sumo:

Oooh Can I play?

I hate it when you have a snow storm and you get on the train to head into work and people with snow/mud/wet crud covered shoes head to the upper level of the train car and then hang their wet feet over the edge getting everyone soaked sitting below them.

Wait was this just about comics? Or just things we hate in general?

and even after they demand that the payment be sent as a "gift" - What a freakin' "spoon" :sumo:

This kind of BS needs to be stopped, and I don't think anyone selling on here should be allowed to "force" buyers to illegally/unethically use the "gift" option for a business transaction. I'm even against allowing its use in the auction details, as although everyone likes to save money, CGC is then allowing a Marketplace expressly for breaking Paypal policies.

books in ratty old scuffed, torn and recycled Mylars, covered with old tape and labels, and with bent backboards and bent corners.

I see what you're saying, but I kinda like the ritual of putting books I buy in a fresh clean mylar and new backboards. Then it's part of my collection.

and even after they demand that the payment be sent as a "gift" - What a freakin' "spoon" :sumo:

This kind of BS needs to be stopped, and I don't think anyone selling on here should be allowed to "force" buyers to illegally/unethically use the "gift" option for a business transaction. I'm even against allowing its use in the auction details, as although everyone likes to save money, CGC is then allowing a Marketplace expressly for breaking Paypal policies.

From what I understand there is actually no difference between the personal option and the 3% when there is a problem with a sale that does not occur on Ebay. I don't beleive you are covered by Paypal on a board transaction even if you use the method that takes 3%.

I agree people should not be forced to use this option. It's fine for friends and people who have known and dealt with one another. There's no way I would use it with people I don't know very very well and I would never demand it of anyone.

However, even though people call it the "gift option", under the "personal" tab there is a tab for "payment owed" it doesn't say what that payment is for, just that it is owed. They included it as an option, so I don't believe it is breaking any policy of theirs.

It's not a violation of paypal's policies. Paypal was forced to include this as an option otherwise they would be classified as a BANK and be subject to incredibly complex regulations regarding all transactions.

Paypal is fully aware of what the "personal" tab means to their bottom line. That is why they don't advertise it. However, it must be less expensive to their net income than being restructured into a Bank to satisfy the government otherwise they would have discontinued it already.

This place never ceases to amaze me. :mad:

All right, which boardie was it??

Just search my posts . . . :grin: Nothing's a secret around here.

Jeez - even the guy that shipped 6 books from Canada without bags or boards in a plain envelope with two pieces of thin cardboard cut from an old PM box (now that's cheap) did a better job of protecting the books. :pullhair:

I don't know if I hate them or not, but I am not a huge fan of passive-aggressive public, yet "anonymous" rants that take the place of trying to work out a solution with a bad seller.

I'm a big fan of your posts as well . . . :hi:

I don't know if I hate them or not, but I am not a huge fan of passive-aggressive public, yet "anonymous" rants that take the place of trying to work out a solution with a bad seller.

Oh, I almost forgot - this deserves a :roflmao: too!