• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You know what I hate?

226 posts in this topic

Have you ever noticed that people who use the term "passive-aggressive" generally like to throw that around as quickly as possible in fear that they may be accused of the exact behavior? :grin:

I can't remember who it was, but I recall buying a run here

and getting books two to three in a bag...

Even though I bought them at a good price, I kind of felt the service could've been better.

:(

Interesting comment. I don't know what you bought, but I always bag as many books as possible into single bag when I sell sets, because it lowers the weight and ultimately the s&h cost. The latter is often what makes or breaks a sell on Ebay because international s&h is darn expensive these days...

However, I wouldn't multi pack vintage books. They each get their own bag/board or mylite/acid-free board.

I can't remember who it was, but I recall buying a run here

and getting books two to three in a bag...

Even though I bought them at a good price, I kind of felt the service could've been better.

:(

Interesting comment. I don't know what you bought, but I always bag as many books as possible into single bag when I sell sets, because it lowers the weight and ultimately the s&h cost. The latter is often what makes or breaks a sell on Ebay because international s&h is darn expensive these days...

However, I wouldn't multi pack vintage books. They each get their own bag/board or mylite/acid-free board.

Just put it this way, what I bought wasn't readers.

With this in mind I always check to make it point that all the book sent get there own

bag and board or I just won't buy for them no matter how good the deal is. I tell folks I will

cover the extra postage if necessary becasue I care about the condition of the books I buy

unless they are readers.

(thumbs u

and even after they demand that the payment be sent as a "gift" - What a freakin' "spoon" :sumo:

This kind of BS needs to be stopped, and I don't think anyone selling on here should be allowed to "force" buyers to illegally/unethically use the "gift" option for a business transaction. I'm even against allowing its use in the auction details, as although everyone likes to save money, CGC is then allowing a Marketplace expressly for breaking Paypal policies.

From what I understand there is actually no difference between the personal option and the 3% when there is a problem with a sale that does not occur on Ebay. I don't beleive you are covered by Paypal on a board transaction even if you use the method that takes 3%.

Actually, if it's a regular paypal payment, you're covered for non-delivery even if the transaction occurs outside of ebay (you're not covered for "item not as described" if it's outside of ebay period).

If it's a personal paypal payment, there's zero coverage for anything.

From what I understand there is actually no difference between the personal option and the 3% when there is a problem with a sale that does not occur on Ebay. I don't beleive you are covered by Paypal on a board transaction even if you use the method that takes 3%.

Forgive me if I'm not totally familiar with the "gift' option, but the way I understand it is that in order to use that option you either a) have to use money from your bank account or b) use a PP balance. IOW, no credit cards and zero protection.

With a standard business PP transaction, you are covered for basic delivery and other factors, and are free to use your CC, and trust me on this, PP will investigate CC disputes (due to possible chargebacks) a LOT more than cash/balance transfers.

and even after they demand that the payment be sent as a "gift" - What a freakin' "spoon" :sumo:

This kind of BS needs to be stopped, and I don't think anyone selling on here should be allowed to "force" buyers to illegally/unethically use the "gift" option for a business transaction. I'm even against allowing its use in the auction details, as although everyone likes to save money, CGC is then allowing a Marketplace expressly for breaking Paypal policies.

Actually, if it's a regular paypal payment, you're covered for non-delivery even if the transaction occurs outside of ebay (you're not covered for "item not as described" if it's outside of ebay period).

If it's a personal paypal payment, there's zero coverage for anything.

Thank you, I couldn't remember the exact scenarios (thumbs u

Forgive me if I'm not totally familiar with the "gift' option, but the way I understand it is that in order to use that option you either a) have to use money from your bank account or b) use a PP balance. IOW, no credit cards and zero protection.

With a standard business PP transaction, you are covered for basic delivery and other factors, and are free to use your CC, and trust me on this, PP will investigate CC disputes (due to possible chargebacks) a LOT more than cash/balance transfers.

You can use a credit card for the personal option but the paying party winds up paying the 3% instead of the payee. So the personal option is available, it's just not free if you use a CC.

You can use a credit card for the personal option but the paying party winds up paying the 3% instead of the payee. So the personal option is available, it's just not free if you use a CC.

So it's basically useless... other than for *real* gifts that don't puke all over Paypal regulations. :insane:

So it's basically useless... other than for *real* gifts that don't puke all over Paypal regulations. :insane:

Pretty much.

I agree with you JC, there is no way I am going lose my paypal account because someone wants to save 3 percent. sorry but if you get caught doing that your paypal account can go bye,bye. as a top rated powerseller I need my paypal account and saving 3 percent is not worth the risk.

I don't like being told to use the gift option. I will use it, at my discretion, but only if I feel it's safe. I have used it once, on demand, from one seller. I was annoyed that it was demanded, but I didn't wish to rock the boat, so I was diplomatic and didn't say anything.

If it had been someone that wasn't as well respected, I would have sent it regular, and if they questioned it, I would have told them to pound sand.

There is absolutely ZERO protection for a "gift" payment, and it is absolutely against Paypal regulations to use it for transactions.

I agree with you JC, there is no way I am going lose my paypal account because someone wants to save 3 percent. sorry but if you get caught doing that your paypal account can go bye,bye. as a top rated powerseller I need my paypal account and saving 3 percent is not worth the risk.

There are only 2 requirements that I can find that could get a paypal account holder into trouble for using the personal option.

1) Personal Payments must be sent between two individual persons (not to or from a business).

2) If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments.

Regarding #2, this is the sum total of their legal language. That means, if a buyer offers to send you payment under the personal tab you are in the clear. In order to be accused of this the purchaser would have to provide proof that you asked them to pay this way.

Obviously, you'd never use this with a stranger or someone you did not already trust or with whom you have had prior dealings. Without you putting language demanding payment via personal paypal on an auction or someplace in public there is no way for Paypal to enforce their own usage agreement against you and you are not in violation of anything paypal has set forward as a requirement.

Also, if you are caught using personal payments improperly they can remove your ability to use the personal option, not rescind your account. That's what their usage agreement says, clearly.

Sellers that ship you books in ratty old scuffed, torn and recycled Mylars, covered with old tape and labels, and with bent backboards and bent corners. Top it off with two flimsy pieces of carboard in a PM envelope - Sheesh! doh!

Whatever happened to just plain old respect, common decency, or gawd-forbid, good customer service? This place never ceases to amaze me. :mad:

It's like the seller thinks the sale is over once the funds hit their PayPal account, and even after they demand that the payment be sent as a "gift" - What a freakin' "spoon" :sumo:

Divad,

Did the seller offer to ship the book(s) in a box for an additional cost? I've found that some people don't want their books shipped in an envelope for fear of the books being bent by the post office, while others would rather save on shipping. :shrug: As a seller, it really doesn't matter to me which way I ship, so I'm happy to offer both options and let the buyer choose. On the personal payment option, I state that it's appreciated, but not necessary.

Sellers that ship you books in ratty old scuffed, torn and recycled Mylars, covered with old tape and labels, and with bent backboards and bent corners. Top it off with two flimsy pieces of carboard in a PM envelope - Sheesh! doh!

Whatever happened to just plain old respect, common decency, or gawd-forbid, good customer service? This place never ceases to amaze me. :mad:

It's like the seller thinks the sale is over once the funds hit their PayPal account, and even after they demand that the payment be sent as a "gift" - What a freakin' "spoon" :sumo:

I offered you a refund which you refused (even though you didn't request any additional services) and now you're on here complaining. What more do you want?

The books were sent between two thick pieces of cardboard that filled the envelope to the max. One book was sent in the mylar it had been stored in for the last couple of years. The ratty book was shipped in a regular bag and board..

If this is demanding, then you are a bigger than I thought

got you down for

Amazing Adventures 15 $20

Marvel Feature 12 $5

25% off $18.75

Shipping via priority flat envelope $5

Total $23.75

Would prefer as gift if possible.

Thanks!

Anthony

Grow up David

I offered you a refund which you refused (even though you didn't request any additional services) and now you're on here complaining. What more do you want?

The books were sent between two thick pieces of cardboard that filled the envelope to the max. One book was sent in the mylar it had been stored in for the last couple of years. The ratty book was shipped in a regular bag and board..

If this is demanding, then you are a bigger than I thought

got you down for

Amazing Adventures 15 $20

Marvel Feature 12 $5

25% off $18.75

Shipping via priority flat envelope $5

Total $23.75

Would prefer as gift if possible.

Thanks!

Anthony

Grow up David

So a refund was offered? I wish I could get so lucky sometimes with purchases...

Case Closed.

:sumo: