• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You know what I hate?

226 posts in this topic

Sellers that ship you books in ratty old scuffed, torn and recycled Mylars, covered with old tape and labels, and with bent backboards and bent corners. Top it off with two flimsy pieces of carboard in a PM envelope - Sheesh! doh!

Whatever happened to just plain old respect, common decency, or gawd-forbid, good customer service? This place never ceases to amaze me. :mad:

It's like the seller thinks the sale is over once the funds hit their PayPal account, and even after they demand that the payment be sent as a "gift" - What a freakin' "spoon" :sumo:

I offered you a refund which you refused (even though you didn't request any additional services) and now you're on here complaining. What more do you want?

The books were sent between two thick pieces of cardboard that filled the envelope to the max. One book was sent in the mylar it had been stored in for the last couple of years. The ratty book was shipped in a regular bag and board..

If this is demanding, then you are a bigger than I thought

got you down for

Amazing Adventures 15 $20

Marvel Feature 12 $5

25% off $18.75

Shipping via priority flat envelope $5

Total $23.75

Would prefer as gift if possible.

Thanks!

Anthony

Grow up David

Wait a minute....

1)David knew they were being shipped in a PM envelope from the beginning as it's what he was invoiced for and paid for?

2) You never "Demanded" paypal as gift?

3) You discounted the books to the point that one was basically free?

4) Then you offered a refund which was refused?

Unless the grades were way off then basically we have an issue with how old the mylar was that you packed the book in.... lol

I don't get what the point of this thread was then. (shrug)

• Administrator
I hate when people leave their blinker on when they are clearly not turning....

irritates me to no end...

You don't care for those who are going around the world to the left (or right)???;)

I think it's even better when they leave the blinker on, but then merge/turn the other way.... :makepoint:

Most of those people have serious hearing loss, and don't recognize the audio "click click" cue, so please give them a break.

With the loud music, Ipods, THX blaring movies, raves, etc. hearing loss is a SERIOUS issue in North America, and the people getting hearing aids and other technology are getting younger and younger. It's actually scary and I wonder if any kids today will be able to hear when they hit 35-40?

You want a sure career for your kid? Tell them to become an audiologist.

Most of those people have serious hearing loss, and don't recognize the audio "click click" cue, so please give them a break.

With the loud music, Ipods, THX blaring movies, raves, etc. hearing loss is a SERIOUS issue in North America, and the people getting hearing aids and other technology are getting younger and younger. It's actually scary and I wonder if any kids today will be able to hear when they hit 35-40?

Not a bad idea, and you are right, I notice it with people I am driving with all the time too.

(I probably do it more often and don't hear it lol)

JJ

Sellers that ship you books in ratty old scuffed, torn and recycled Mylars, covered with old tape and labels, and with bent backboards and bent corners. Top it off with two flimsy pieces of carboard in a PM envelope - Sheesh! doh!

Whatever happened to just plain old respect, common decency, or gawd-forbid, good customer service? This place never ceases to amaze me. :mad:

It's like the seller thinks the sale is over once the funds hit their PayPal account, and even after they demand that the payment be sent as a "gift" - What a freakin' "spoon" :sumo:

I offered you a refund which you refused (even though you didn't request any additional services) and now you're on here complaining. What more do you want?

The books were sent between two thick pieces of cardboard that filled the envelope to the max. One book was sent in the mylar it had been stored in for the last couple of years. The ratty book was shipped in a regular bag and board..

If this is demanding, then you are a bigger than I thought

got you down for

Amazing Adventures 15 $20

Marvel Feature 12 $5

25% off $18.75

Shipping via priority flat envelope $5

Total $23.75

Would prefer as gift if possible.

Thanks!

Anthony

Grow up David

Wait a minute....

1)David knew they were being shipped in a PM envelope from the beginning as it's what he was invoiced for and paid for?

2) You never "Demanded" paypal as gift?

3) You discounted the books to the point that one was basically free?

4) Then you offered a refund which was refused?

Unless the grades were way off then basically we have an issue with how old the mylar was that you packed the book in.... lol

I don't get what the point of this thread was then. (shrug)

1. correct

2. correct

3.correct

4. correct

Most of those people have serious hearing loss, so please give them a break.

Sure, but it's not the hearing loss that's really the issue here, but the blindness whereby they are unable to see that blinking light on their dashboard. If we can't give blind drivers a break, who can we give one to? (shrug)

You don't care for those who are going around the world to the left (or right)???;)

I think it's even better when they leave the blinker on, but then merge/turn the other way.... :makepoint:

I sometimes like to honk when there is only someone to the left of me and turn and wave to the right...

:cloud9:

Pirate has a somewhat irritating in your face tone sometimes, but I totally believe everything that the lil swashbuckler posted. The invoice that was copy pasted shows this purchase was to be made via envelope, pp payment was asked nicely to be marked as gift but not demanded.

I have bought from pirate maybe 10 times, not because of his charming personality, but because he sometimes does freaken awesome bulk lot deals. This thread should never have been aired like this in first place, no wrong doing, and most buyers do not mind a ratty old mylar as you switch that out as soon as you get your books.

If you wanted books boxed, and sent in new mylar, then ask for it and I am sure for an upcharge you would have received it.

Sure, but it's not the hearing loss that's really the issue here, but the blindness whereby they are unable to see that blinking light on their dashboard.

Nope, when you're driving in heavy traffic, your eyes should be on the road, not on your dash.

My wife does this for a living, hence my anecdotal comments, as it's the biggest complaint of her patients - they leave the blinker on ALL the time.

I hate when you call someones cellphone and get the recording that their mailbox is full...annoys me to no end!

me too! I mean...wait, that was meant towards me wasn't it...

sigh...

Don't sigh dammit.....press SEVEN to delete.

What are you saving? Did Jessica Alba accidentally call your cell and leave a phone sex message meant for her husband or something?

Clear the damn voice mail box.

I hate when you call someones cellphone and get the recording that their mailbox is full...annoys me to no end!

sigh...

What are you saving? Did Jessica Alba accidentally call you cell and leave a phone sex message meant for her husband or something?

I save my kid's messages.

:grin:

sigh...

What are you saving? Did Jessica Alba accidentally call you cell and leave a phone sex message meant for her husband or something?

I save my kid's messages.

:grin:

me too....