• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

oh, a "link" - got it! Yeah, next bid is pushing $9K with buyer premium!

Yep. That 19% BP can really start to bite!

I would think the BP is factored in the FMV...or increase FMV. Ouch!

I think most people take it into account when bidding (hard not to when they do the arithmetic for you before you finalize your bid) and it's included in the prices on GPA. More of a problem really for the seller than for the buyer if the seller is also getting hit with a seller's premium (as I assume all but the big consignors are). Large wedge between what the buyer pays and what the seller receives.

oh, a "link" - got it! Yeah, next bid is pushing $9K with buyer premium!

Yep. That 19% BP can really start to bite!

I would think the BP is factored in the FMV...or increase FMV. Ouch!

I think most people take it into account when bidding (hard not to when they do the arithmetic for you before you finalize your bid) and it's included in the prices on GPA. More of a problem really for the seller than for the buyer if the seller is also getting hit with a seller's premium (as I assume all but the big consignors are). Large wedge between what the buyer pays and what the seller receives.

I see. With all the fees, one has to factor all the possible costs involved beforehand. This will determine the costs, profits or loss produced if one shall sell in the future. Nonetheless, the auction house is always the winner by selling their marketing and service.

Like most of the DCU key books, this book's immediate future and possible roller coaster ride from a pricing standpoint rests on the shoulders of the Superman film. From what trailers have shown so far, imho, it looks epic in scope, and may show that Superman might need the help.

Edited by Sam I am

Not even a cut bid in the live auction, but the book is still climbing upward.
I guess that was the price (shrug) With the BP it's still higher than the highest recent sale of a 5.0 on GPA.