• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

I really don't understand the reasoning behind that. As a business owner, I like to expand the way I can collect money, not limit it.

So Speedy does not buy this book. Well that might not matter much in the scheme of things but the real problem is that now he won't bid on high dollar books anymore and that is a problem since the final price is mainly driven by the underbidders.

nah, i think it was dropped to $12,700. I had the high bid @7,500 and seller countered with $8,000.....book makes me nervous too.

Countered? So his price is $8k? Interesting hm

But you're right, it makes me nervous too. Anyone serious about it,

might want to call c-link and see if they (or the seller) will guarantee it's unrestored.

That's the only way I would buy it if I had the money that is :cry:

Here's some cool magnets I had over 25 years.

001-2.jpg

I love these! any idea where they can be bought??!

They are cool! :headbang:

I have a set of Wonder Woman 1-10 magnets on my radiator cover at the office.

I see similar magnets for sale on ebay all the time :gossip:

Speedy you should call them and ask its to big a book for you not to give them a call. You have been after it for a while now.

They shot me down :(

:sorry:

Thanks man, I'll probably pull through.

I just can't bring myself to write them a check for some reason. I don't why, but it really bugs me.

Looks like I'm getting an AF 15 instead!!! :headbang:

Have I switched to the Dark Side???

Sorry, my statement up top wasn't right.

Price was lowered to $12,700. I was the high bidder at $7,500 and seller countered at $12,500

Bid is currently ~ $8,500 and I'm still in the fight. Wonder if it's against another boardie?

hm hm show yourself :hi:

Speedy you should call them and ask its to big a book for you not to give them a call. You have been after it for a while now.

I just can't bring myself to write them a check for some reason. I don't why, but it really bugs me.

I saw. You'll be back :grin: you're avatar will start talking to you.

Well, I just received an email from C-Link regarding their policy with PGX if say the book was cracked, then submitted to CGC and found out it was restored. This is what they said:

"To accept a return on a PGX book - it needs to remain in the holder. So cracking it out would void that possibility."

Looks like it's a gamble..

just out of curiosity, does anyone have any proof of a PGX blue label getting a CGC purple label?

I can't remember the specifics, 'cuz my memory's shot, but it certainly has happened. I believe a few folks have resubbed CGC Blues and gotten PLODs back as well. It's a crazy mixed up world we live in.

just out of curiosity, does anyone have any proof of a PGX blue label getting a CGC purple label?

As Speedy says, I've had collectors tell me yes, though I can't provide you with any specifics details.

I've purchased five PGX books, and the grades were a full 1 to 2 points off on 4 out of the 5 (i.e., I was very disappointed upon cracking the slabs). The fifth book (a GA pedigree, no less) they got exactly right IMHO.

Too much of a gamble to me to risk a PGX.

YMMV.

I saw. You'll be back :grin: you're avatar will start talking to you.

I still really want that 2.5 :ohnoez:

As Speedy says, I've had collectors tell me yes, though I can't provide you with any specifics details.

I've purchased five PGX books, and the grades were a full 1 to 2 points off on 4 out of the 5 (i.e., I was very disappointed upon cracking the slabs). The fifth book (a GA pedigree, no less) they got exactly right IMHO.

Too much of a gamble to me to risk a PGX.

YMMV.

Thanks Steve - this is real data (statistically signifcant? No. But real data, yes!!)

Worst case scenario, the book gets a purple label and trimmed if sent to CGC

Best case scenario, the book gets graded as a 6.0 in a blue label.

Appreciate the input. Would you share what you base this assessment off of? Thanks!