• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

If you are talking about the 7.0 PGX on CL for $13300, that is a healthy price.

(7.0 AF15s fo for $35k).

I can remember when S4s & 15s were neck to neck...like Alydar and Affirmed !!! :preach:

Yeah...one year SC4 #1 spot...one year AF15 #1 spot..etc... Well, we no who the champ is now huh? We need a Flash movie, to revive this book. :P

(7.0 AF15s fo for $35k).

I can remember when S4s & 15s were neck to neck...like Alydar and Affirmed !!! :preach:

Yeah...one year SC4 #1 spot...one year AF15 #1 spot..etc... Well, we no who the champ is now huh? We need a Flash movie, to revive this book. :P

No movie until I get them all.

(7.0 AF15s fo for $35k).

No movie until I get them all.

:wishluck:

I think film technology is at the point where they can create a really convincing illusion

of a man capable of running at the speed of light.

I'd be thrilled to see the Flash finally make it to film :whee:

Good news for Flash Showcase #4 fans.

This was in another thread, but I thought it also was worthy of mention here.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26422

Thu, May 27th, 2010 at 12:55PM (PDT) | Updated: May 27th, 2010 at 2:19PM

The corporate change-up that turned DC Comics into DC Entertainment has so far left smaller impacts on the publishing and promotion side of the long-standing comics company, most recently in the form of DC alternate world variants appearing on the Fox show "Fringe."

However, hidden in the latest Warner Brothers studio report at The Hollywood Reporter is a hint at what role DC will play in the studio's future plans in the way every fan has been waiting for: more DC movies. And apparently first up on the slate will be the fastest man alive himself.

According to Warner chairman and CEO Barry Meyer during an investor meeting, the DC Comics stable of superheroes are primed to become the studios biggest tentpoll farm for blockbuster movies once the WB's "Harry Potter" franchise wraps in July of 2011. First out the gate of unannounced films appears to be "The Flash" based on the Silver Age DC speedster as Meyer reportedly said they were "nearing" a greenlight for the movie. Last summer, "Flash" writer and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns was announced as co-producer and screenwriter for a Flash film, although Meyer gave no indication if it was this -script that was so near the greenlighting phase.

Next up for Warners and DC in theaters is an adaptation of Western hero "Jonah Hex" followed by "Green Lantern" on June 17, 2011 followed by the next Christopher Nolan "Batman" movie in July of 2012 and the Nolan-produced "Superman" relaunch during the 2012 holiday season.

I wonder how much more upside for Showcase 4 if the Flash movie is out then. Let's see...a Showcase 22 6.0 crm/ow $5K-6K, Amazing Fantasy 15 6.0 crm/ow $14K-17K, Showcase 4 6.0 crm/ow $7K-8K. Unless SC22, and AF15 make higher price moves, I think the potential of a 30%-50% jump for SC4 will be very low since the price is fully value here. hm

I wonder how much more upside for Showcase 4 if the Flash movie is out then. Let's see...a Showcase 22 6.0 crm/ow $5K-6K, Amazing Fantasy 15 6.0 crm/ow $14K-17K, Showcase 4 6.0 crm/ow $7K-8K. Unless SC22, and AF15 make higher price moves, I think the potential of a 30%-50% jump for SC4 will be very low since the price is fully value here. hm

Personally i think that if the Flash does really well,and the book gets a boost,it will rise quite a bit..at one time is was "THE Silver-age book"...it may have its day again,especially when you factor in its age,scarcity(half as many as 22 with only 126 CGC Blue SC4's),and importance....

Edited by kryptospidey

Personally i think that if the Flash does really well,and the book gets a boost,it will rise quite a bit..at one time is was "THE Silver-age book"...it may have its day again,especially when you factor in its age,scarcity(half as many as 22 with only 126 CGC Blue SC4's),and importance....

I just feel the upside is limited due to the high price already. For instance, if SC4 6.0 is $7000-8000 and has a 30-50% jump, it will be $9100-12000. Now, if SC22 6.0 reaches $7000-8000 (+30-50%) and AF15 reaches $16000-18000 (+15-20% slower growth), the chances for SC4 to reach there is possible. SC4 is currently worth more than SC22 grade by grade, up till 8.0. I agree, SC4 is scarce, but imagine if SC22 is as scarce as SC4...I bet the price will more than SC4 grade by grade. SC4 may have more potential than I think. Nonetheless, the market will dictate the direction.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Forgetting about the value for a moment, because that's not all there is to it.

I want to see this book get the respect it deserves.

For many a Silver Age DC collector, this iconic book has been the holy-grail.

I just feel the upside is limited due to the high price already. For instance, if SC4 6.0 is $7000-8000 and has a 30-50% jump, it will be $9100-12000. Now, if SC22 6.0 reaches $7000-8000 (+30-50%) and AF15 reaches $16000-18000 (+15-20% slower growth), the chances for SC4 to reach there is possible. SC4 is currently worth more than SC22 grade by grade, up till 8.0. I agree, SC4 is scarce, but imagine if SC22 is as scarce as SC4...I bet the price will more than SC4 grade by grade. SC4 may have more potential than I think. Nonetheless, the market will dictate the direction.

Nice SIG LINE!!!! OM GL books!!!! I love SC4 - Fantastic cover. I'm glad I don't collect the Flash or I would be broke.

It's more than just a Grail for SA DC collectors. It is, in my opinion, one of the top key books of all time.

Definitely. It is the 3rd most important SA DC. :devil:

Edited by kimik

Nice SIG LINE!!!! OM GL books!!!! I love SC4 - Fantastic cover. I'm glad I don't collect the Flash or I would be broke.

Thanks 007. (thumbs u I like your SC 43 9.0... great book and hard to find in 9.0. I have the Northland 8.5 SC43, which I'll have it scan next time. I'm still considering to add a SC4 to my collection, but collecting interest does change for me time to time.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

It's more than just a Grail for SA DC collectors. It is, in my opinion, one of the top key books of all time.

SC4 reminds me of GA Marvel Comics 1. Both books reach to a high point in price and demand and still considered a GRAIL book. SC4 was highly on my list many years ago over a AF15, but I never pursue it. Looks like SC22 is battling SC4 for the DC SA #1 spot :slapfight: and I guess BB28 is part of the top three DC SA for you. :devil:

SC4 reminds me of GA Marvel Comics 1. Both books reach to a high point in price and demand and still considered a GRAIL book. SC4 was highly on my list many years ago over a AF15, but I never pursue it. Looks like SC22 is battling SC4 for the DC SA #1 spot :slapfight: and I guess BB28 is part of the top three DC SA for you. :devil:

doh! Not even going there. Maybe I'm blinded by my Flash hero worship.

doh! Not even going there. Maybe I'm blinded by my Flash hero worship.

Ditto (thumbs u

Just wait till after the movie. If it can be said that the tide raises all ships, then Flash will rise above them all.

That character has been waiting for day (digital) technology came along to be ale to properly illustrate "the fastest man alive".

Just you wait and see :whistle: