• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

1 copy each graded at 9.0 - 9.6

2 at 8.5, 6 at 8.0, 4 at 7.5

For a DC book from 1956, let alone THE key, that`s a lot!

Really ???

Sure, those kind of numbers indicate that if he misses a 7.5 or better copy, it`s not like he`s going to be waiting for a decade before another one comes around.

Ok. But 16 just didn't seem like a lot of HG copies graded to me.

Well, just ask Zaid how many years he`s been trying to find a buyer for his 9.2 copy.

He would have no problem if it was SC #22 in that condition............... :whistle:

Edited by kimik

Well, just ask Zaid how many years he`s been trying to find a buyer for his 9.2 copy.

Well, Showcase #4 is finally picking up a little steam in the lower grades. Now that all the other DC keys are taking off it should put a little wind in Showcase #4 prices as well.

He would have no problem if it was SC #22 in that condition............... :whistle:

SC22 in 9.2...now that will be big news.

I offered a trade of drawing a picture of him in a courthouse defending Flash against Zoom, but was declined. So, I'm happy with my Bob-a-loo copy.

What makes you think he would overprice a 9.2 SC 22 any less than he`s overpriced the 9.2 SC 4?

Edited by tth2

What makes you think he would overprice a 9.2 SC 22 any less than he`s overpriced the 9.2 SC 4?

lol

His problem is not demand. His problem is price. He paid 62K for that book and is asking 100K. He has had auction bids up to 80K twice and did not take them. And 80K is probably in line. The 9.4 sold for 159 and the 9.6 sold for 179.

What I find interesting is...if he had sold it at $80K (minus taxes) and put that money in the cd for 5% interest back then, he would have well over $100K on that book now. Hindsight is 20/20. Just my 2c
haven't been any 5% cd's since those 80K offers :baiting: