• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Why the jump in prices all of a sudden?

the race is on ! buy all your Showcase 4s before the movie hype begins ?!@ Easy money for everyone keep buying Flash movie in 2014 !@

Seriously it was 1 bidder for 1 book that sold for more then it should have. 2 weeks prior in an auction format a 7.5 sold for 12.6K.

They're not on fire, by any means, and no guarantee they will be anytime soon, I'm just saying . . . that these things are unpredictable and cyclical.

I mean who called the craze over Showcase #22? They are lucky people now.

That sale was a good one for the seller. The seller double his/her return. Looks like the buyer is on a spending spree. Also "I got to have it", just like the PGX SC22 7.0 currently bidding for $10K (shrug) . I was valuing the the SC4 6.0 at $7-8K. Since Ebay has such a large audience, prices can be fished. Thumbs up for this seller for holding out so long.

Sounds like you know the seller showcase22gr1959? :cool:

I bought my first Showcase 22 in 1987, a cover less copy for $17.00. My second one was the 5.0 in 1988 for $250 (serious bidding against a 30 year+ maybe you're listening lol )and I did win.One full months of paper route money. :cry: Green Lantern is just too popular right now. Flash is a wild card and doesn't hurt to make a bet.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Yeah, but I'm saving my chips for a SC 4 and some Savannah books. I will be prepared. I should put a damn real bid on that 7.5 instead of the I think this will do and hope it works. I hope that guy tries to flip it. My bidding strategy has been awful in the past year and I have missed some books.

The 7.5 had to come up the month that I got a new roof and painted the house.

Yeah, but I'm saving my chips for a SC 4 and some Savannah books. I will be prepared. I should put a damn real bid on that 7.5 instead of the I think this will do and hope it works. I hope that guy tries to flip it. My bidding strategy has been awful in the past year and I have missed some books.

The 7.5 had to come up the month that I got a new roof and painted the house.

Don`t worry about it, another will come up. It`s not a tough book.

I think the lack of copies coming to market is directly related to the prices that the book is getting. If prices ever rise you are going to see them but for people looking to buy now it can't be fun knowing that.

I guess it's not a tough book but I don't think I'd call it plentiful either. If demand ever went up to match the price levels of the book there aren't that many copies to go around like a Brave and the Bold 28.

1 copy each graded at 9.0 - 9.6

2 at 8.5, 6 at 8.0, 4 at 7.5 and 3 at 7.0.

I agree, it's such a scarce book and if demand picks up, prices will rise. There are 16 SC4 copies 7.5+. 32 copies of BB28 in 7.5+ and 15 copies of SC22 in 7.5+. SC4 is scarce, but SC22 is more scarce in 7.5+. That is why I added a SC22 7.5 to my fund holdings.

Your not making me feel any better. Maybe I'll just get 7.5 AF15. Will that help. That should be easy.

The last SC4 7.5 with sold for $12600 which is under guide and SC4 in 6.0 for about $10K which is a anomaly. I feel SC4 upside is limited, until a movie or interest of the character picks up dramatically.

Edited by showcase22gr1959