• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

It's more than just a Grail for SA DC collectors. It is, in my opinion, one of the top key books of all time.

Definitely. It is the 3rd most important SA DC. :devil:

SC4 reminds me of GA Marvel Comics 1. Both books reach to a high point in price and demand and still considered a GRAIL book. SC4 was highly on my list many years ago over a AF15, but I never pursue it. Looks like SC22 is battling SC4 for the DC SA #1 spot :slapfight: and I guess BB28 is part of the top three DC SA for you. :devil:

I will give you a hint. I consider B&B to be #2 on the SA DC key list, only behind SC #22 at #1...................

It's more than just a Grail for SA DC collectors. It is, in my opinion, one of the top key books of all time.

Definitely. It is the 3rd most important SA DC. :devil:

SC4 reminds me of GA Marvel Comics 1. Both books reach to a high point in price and demand and still considered a GRAIL book. SC4 was highly on my list many years ago over a AF15, but I never pursue it. Looks like SC22 is battling SC4 for the DC SA #1 spot :slapfight: and I guess BB28 is part of the top three DC SA for you. :devil:

I will give you a hint. I consider B&B to be #2 on the SA DC key list, only behind SC #22 at #1...................

Are we talking about June 2011? :grin:

Huge fan. Always wanted one but seem to spend the big $ elsewhere.

I did have a coverless rag of a copy but that doesn't count

I will post one here before 12-31-10 or else.

:taptaptap: No better time then now to get one.

I do agree that the art got significantly better later in the series. I think Infantino settled in and nailed the character (IMO some of the early Flashes he almost looks like a boy on the cover). However, I happen to think the cover of SC4 is iconic. But I do agree the covers of #8, #13 & #14 are less than perfect.

Of the 3, I think that #14 is the best. After seeing your copies of SC #13 & #14 in the Flash appreciation thread, I got to get them.

I like the origin story and art and then it is about 20 issues before I really start loving the book. There are a lot of SC 4 for sale right now but to me the prices are too high on most of them.

They range from :

9.2 at 89000

8.0 at 30000

6.0 at 11000

4.5 at 2700 on CC.

7.5 Mp for 2700

I think you guys can download for free (from Twomorrows) the chapter of Infantino's new interview book where he talks about his (changing) art style during the silver age Flash years. Great insight. I got it sent to me from the company, as I think did anyone that has done business with them. I think they said it's now available on the publisher's blog for download.

Got it, can't wait to read it. Thanks for the tip (thumbs u

Bob

http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=897

I like the origin story and art and then it is about 20 issues before I really start loving the book. There are a lot of SC 4 for sale right now but to me the prices are too high on most of them.

They range from :

9.2 at 89000

8.0 at 30000

6.0 at 11000

4.5 at 2700 on CC.

7.5 Mp for 2700

Go for it...don't wait to long. 6.0+ is where it is.

They range from :

9.2 at 89000

8.0 at 30000

6.0 at 11000

4.5 at 2700 on CC.

7.5 Mp for 2700

Go for it...don't wait to long. 6.0+ is where it is.

Yah, you really think so. That just seems high to me. It has been up there at that price for over a year and no one has bit.

Tell me about it.

You rarely see decent copies of #8, #13 and #14 - and when you do they are also quite pricey.

The #8 always seems to wear terribly.

A couple years ago, early on in my recollecting, I had a shot at a pretty nice SC 13 for very cheap, but it still felt expensive so I passed. I'd jump on it in a second now.