• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Here is the restoration performed on the book. Susan is very prompt; there was only a one-week turnaround. I got the book back about two weeks after I sent it. The book was definitely in need of restoration to conserve the life of the book. The interior of the book was almost detatched from the spine because of the upper and lower spine splits. Anyway, got a great deal on the book and the restoration wasn't too costly. Except for the mending of small tears nothing else was done to the front cover.. It's an extremely glossy book with excellent color strike. Love the book. Don't plan to sell or slab the book. It's a keeper! ProofofProfRestoration.jpg

Edited by Stevenrams

Here's my haul

001-10.jpg

003-5.jpg

002-9.jpg

Hey, DK. Love your Showcase 14. It's one of my favorite books. I'm very happy with my restored copy. I posted it in this thread. Check it out. Susan Cicconi did a wonderful job on the book. Anyway, congrats on your Showcase Flashes.

SLR

Thanks Steve! Yep I do love the covers to these early flash covers! Green, blue, purple.. What a combo :). Nice looking #14 you got there too! Didn't notice it was restored until I read the restoration sheet. You have good taste

DK,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my book and commenting on it. Yes, it is a beautiful copy even though it's restored. I've read both the Flash stories: the cover story and the backup feature featuring Dr. Alchemy It's cool to read both stories and enjoy the artwork. I think I'll read the stories once a year. I'm on the lookout for the other Showcase Flash appearances.

SLR

My mistake: There is no Kid Flash story. He didn't make his first appearance until Flash 110. I had just read Flash 112. Picked up a nice copy and read the 1st Elongated Man story and the backup Kid Flash story in his red uniform.

Sorry!

Edited by Stevenrams

Steve,

No problem. I didn't even know there was a Kid Flash :). Looks like I need to start reading those issues. What issues do you need?

DK

I definitely would like a Showcase 13 preferably raw but I would consider a CGC copy. I also don't have the Showcase 8 but that might be too expensive right now.

SLR

Some sweet books you got there DK and SLR.

That 6.0 #14 would sure fit nicely in my set.

But then I'd have to upgrade my #8 cause it'd be the only 5.0 I have

Columbia Comics has a nice looking #14 in 6.0. Someone should buy that and spare me the temptation.

That restored #14 looks real sweet. Are going to keep it raw or get it slabbed?

I got to get something restored, I should give Susan a call.

Carry on (thumbs u

Columbia Comics has a nice looking #14 in 6.0. Someone should buy that and spare me the temptation.

Carry on (thumbs u

Thanks Bob-a-loo! Good luck finding a #14 for your set. It's tough to find but I'm sure you will eventually find the right copy soon. (thumbs u

Thanks Bob-a-loo! Good luck finding a #14 for your set. It's tough to find but I'm sure you will eventually find the right copy soon. (thumbs u

. . . or I'll just have to learn to be happy with the 5.0 I have.

Again, nice books fellas (thumbs u

Carry on (thumbs u

Thanks Bob-a-loo. No point in getting the restored Showcase 14 slabbed. It's a great copy and overall I didn't pay much-- including Susan's restoration fee which in this case was $200.00 + Shipping and insurance. Book only took two days to get back to me and we live on oppositecoasts. An "AttaBoy for the USPS. I have three friends who work for the postal service. They deserve recognition. Also, I can read the book and enjoy two Flash stories before the character got his own book. Susan does great work and you don't have to wait forever to get your book back. I met her at Comic-Con San Diego. She is one of the nicest and may I add attractive persons you'll ever meet. I think she looks exactly like my wife.

If you need a book restored she's the got-to expert.

SLR

Carry on (thumbs u

Thanks Bob-a-loo. No point in getting the restored Showcase 14 slabbed. It's a great copy and overall I didn't pay much-- including Susan's restoration fee which in this case was $200.00 + Shipping and insurance. Book only took two days to get back to me and we live on oppositecoasts. An "AttaBoy for the USPS. I have three friends who work for the postal service. They deserve recognition. Also, I can read the book and enjoy two Flash stories before the character got his own book. Susan does great work and you don't have to wait forever to get your book back. I met her at Comic-Con San Diego. She is one of the nicest and may I add attractive persons you'll ever meet. I think she looks exactly like my wife.

If you need a book restored she's the got-to expert.

SLR

Actually I have used Susan in the past and found her work to be terrific. Not to take anything away from our friend Kenny, but indeed she is prettier. She's a hoot as well!

I think restored books are going to come back in favor and the folks who got them for a deal are going to have a good laugh at the critics who avoid them. Mind you, I'm not talking about frankenbooks, tastefully subtle restorations or conservation. My wish :wishluck:

Yeah, if i remember seeing a photo of Susan she's sexy-looking! :cloud9:
I've had the pleasure of having dinner with her a few times. :cloud9:

NODdinnerNYCC024.jpg

I think I was at that dinner - the CBCA at Virgil's hm

That was fun (thumbs u