• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

I think the hammer price will be > 25k. hm

Ouch, but their premiums will deter buyers.....

no it won't. Bidders (most at least) understand that you simply factor in the BP into the price. So if one is willing to pay 25k they bid 21k +BP =25k.

no it won't. Bidders (most at least) understand that you simply factor in the BP into the price. So if one is willing to pay 25k they bid 21k +BP =25k.

That's how I do it. Also factor in the shipping, though a 25k book shipping doesn't matter in comparison.

True, but that buyers premium has always deterred me from bidding. They make money off both end, which is fine if it works, but I wish the book was on CL and not there.

True, but that buyers premium has always deterred me from bidding. They make money off both end, which is fine if it works, but I wish the book was on CL and not there.

True, the heritage system only hurts the seller, not the buyer.

I've turned down 25k offer on my 7.5 so surely this copy will be in that range (shrug)

$22,000 ($26,290.00) so far . . . 5 hours to go :eek:

Yea, that's me waiting to be dethroned... I just cost someone a poop load of money on the Flash 105. I wanted to bump my 8 to an 8.5, but it went over what I thought it was worth by a lot. Let someone else enjoy it! I wish I could pull my bids back for the guy/girl who really seems like they want it for themselves.

Absolutely, for some poor folks...the have to also factor in the tax.

I've offered more than once to take the shipments for them and mail them out as long as they pay the postage or even come pick them up. I'm the last guy in the world to ever try and screw someone over. I'll def check the book out :) esp if it's a TOS 39 in 9.4 or something. You have to give me some freedom to drool before I reship. :)

For the record. My bid. The wife is NOT amused.... She heard 7.5 and thought the carnage would be minimal. :/

I've offered more than once to take the shipments for them and mail them out as long as they pay the postage or even come pick them up. I'm the last guy in the world to ever try and screw someone over. I'll def check the book out :) esp if it's a TOS 39 in 9.4 or something. You have to give me some freedom to drool before I reship. :)

For the record. My bid. The wife is NOT amused.... She heard 7.5 and thought the carnage would be minimal. :/

Good to know you can be trusted. Good luck, this book gets difficult in the 6.0+ range.