• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Finally.... One weird thing. I got a letter from Heritage saying this was part of the Thompson collection, but is not a CGC pedigree. Is the letter worth the paper it's written on? It's either part of it or not??!? As far as CGC, no.... As far as Heritage, they were the owners of this copy.

20140130_221129-small.jpg

Whatever the case it's freaking gorgeous.

Congrats! Maybe it was a slabbed book they owned. Just one of their investment books not really part of the original collection they amassed. Just a guess thought.

Finally.... One weird thing. I got a letter from Heritage saying this was part of the Thompson collection, but is not a CGC pedigree. Is the letter worth the paper it's written on? It's either part of it or not??!? As far as CGC, no.... As far as Heritage, they were the owners of this copy.

20140130_221129-small.jpg

Theres a few showcases that were graded with the thompson books. I didnt understand how other books in the same submission got the label and others didnt. Looks like they were all thompson books.

One of the best looking SC 4 I have ever seen. Incredible looking book. I wonder if the explanation for the exclusion of the pedigree on the label is the book was not original owner. Perhaps they bought it later, not off the stands.

Hence, it is part of the collection but not a pedigree.

Edited by bomber-bob

[font:Times New Roman]Thought I would scan and post this while I wait for the furnace tech

[/font]

11455543464_cee6bdfdfc_c.jpg

Beautiful low-grade copy. Presents very nicely for the grade. As I look at the cover, I really believe that OSPG should designate it as a classic cover. There's not another cover quite like it and it's extremely well-conceived. Congrats!

[font:Times New Roman]Thought I would scan and post this while I wait for the furnace tech

[/font]

11455543464_cee6bdfdfc_c.jpg

Beautiful low-grade copy. Presents very nicely for the grade. As I look at the cover, I really believe that OSPG should designate it as a classic cover. There's not another cover quite like it and it's extremely well-conceived. Congrats!

I agree. It was, and still is totally unique.