• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Batman #1 being raffled at Boston Con March 7

57 posts in this topic

Grade Unknown at this time, It is guaranteed Near Mint at time of printing. It has seen a lot of use in it's 60 Years of life so we will update you as we get closer to show. But rest assured this is a Bona Fide original Batman #1 Comic Book Published in the Spring of 1940.

Huh?

Admission $10

Wear a Costume or Children under 12 free

Advance passes available $12

Pay in advance and pay more! Great deal!

Grade Unknown at this time, It is guaranteed Near Mint at time of printing. It has seen a lot of use in it's 60 Years of life so we will update you as we get closer to show. But rest assured this is a Bona Fide original Batman #1 Comic Book Published in the Spring of 1940.

Huh?

Admission $10

Wear a Costume or Children under 12 free

Advance passes available $12

Pay in advance and pay more! Great deal!

lol I suppose all of our books were NM at the time they were printed. It's the condition they're in now that makes the difference!-)

They haven't announced the grade on the Batman #1. It just says more info later.

Right, I was just thinking since he was posting in this thread he might give us a little indication.

Contact the promoter for info on the book and show.

They haven't announced the grade on the Batman #1. It just says more info later.

I think this a fair question. More info means more interest.

Given all the mystery and the fact that it's a Bat #1, I would assume that the book is a beater and possibly coverless. Nevertheless, it's a fun promotion, and I look forward to the final reveal and outcome. Hope the book goes to a good home!

Given all the mystery and the fact that it's a Bat #1, I would assume that the book is a beater and possibly coverless. Nevertheless, it's a fun promotion, and I look forward to the final reveal and outcome. Hope the book goes to a good home!

I agree...if they were really trying to "use" it, they would promote "it" and not the secret society way they are going about (meaning, in my mind, it is a ragged out pos)

I agree...if they were really trying to "use" it, they would promote "it" and not the secret society way they are going about (meaning, in my mind, it is a ragged out pos)

What's that? Did you say my name?

:cloud9:

I'd love a ragged POS copy of Batman #1. But again, it would be nice to know the grade range on this--I'd think you could still advertise it as an uber-goober low grade and still see the people line up to try and win a copy. When a 1.0 is going for over $5,000 easily, a 0.5 is still one heckuva an addition to the collection (especially it's free!)

Not to say that this is not great but I find it a little hard to believe that a Bat 1 will be given to just anyone. I had a job nearly 20 years ago at a very well known Car dealer/auction lot. I found out after one particular auction (which was promoted for a month) that the owners rigged a raffle in which they had a family member "win " the car by drawing the winning number in a raffle. I couldnt believe it but it was all true. Since then I never bothered to believe in "free " anything.