• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Batman #1 being raffled at Boston Con March 7

57 posts in this topic

Hi

Just wanted to chime in to say this is a legit door prize and it will go to some lucky person that paid for entrance. None of the employees or relatives are eligable. Any dealer or pass holder would have to pay for admission to get a chance to win.

This is something we will be doing at the shows to keep them fun.

Gives people a chance to get something they probably would not afford to buy.

This is also something that makes us feel good about as well. I ink and I give out pages from time to time and love to see the faces of the people I give them to.

Someone gave a collector a hard time about a page he wanted, and I felt bad so I gave him a Batman I inked over Philip Tan (Who loved it himself.)

There is to many people in this business, with Bloated Egos and Petty little jealousies that we need to just look past them, and have shows that are fun, hence we also have key guest artists give out Free Sketches at our shows.

This is a show I attended in the early eighties, and we would love to see it continue. there are a couple of other wonderful shows in Massachusetts I love to attend, Like Larry D's.

Anyway I will be around to answer any questions.

Best to you All!

Jimmy T

OK Here it is...A .5 POOR graded copy. Myself and several others had come to the same grade and Value is estimated between $3,000.00 and $3,700.00.

It has the complete Joker story and is a Book that some can say they have.

Thought it would be nice to give away at he show.

We have used this book to attract people to our tables at all the conventions.

And If anyone here wins it let me know.

Best To All!

Jimmy T

www.necomiccon.com

www.inkwellawards.com

OK Here it is...A .5 POOR graded copy. Myself and several others had come to the same grade and Value is estimated between $3,000.00 and $3,700.00.

Best To All!

Jimmy T

www.necomiccon.com

www.inkwellawards.com

I love this in the footnote on the website: "Grade Unknown at this time, It is guaranteed Near Mint at time of printing. It has seen a lot of use in it's 60 Years of life so we will update you as we get closer to show. But rest assured this is a Bona Fide original Batman #1 Comic Book Published in the Spring of 1940."

Best To All!

Jimmy T

www.necomiccon.com

www.inkwellawards.com

I love this in the footnote on the website: "Grade Unknown at this time, It is guaranteed Near Mint at time of printing. It has seen a lot of use in it's 60 Years of life so we will update you as we get closer to show. But rest assured this is a Bona Fide original Batman #1 Comic Book Published in the Spring of 1940."

and I wonder if it was only VF at time of printing what would happen lol

I'll see your 4 popcorns and an insane and raise you

:popcorn:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:insane:

:insane: :insane:

:insane: :insane: :insane:

:insane: :insane: :insane: :insane:

:insane: :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane: