• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most overpriced Timely?

81 posts in this topic

There is something very cool about Human Torch #1. Would not put that into the overpriced category. Not True with Mystic #1, Daring Mystery #1, Marvel #2, USA #1, Tough Kid Squad #1...etc

I may be reading your post wrong, but if you are saying that Mystic #1, Daring #1, Marvel #2 and USA #1 are not very cool then I have to disagree.

In fact I would say that Mystic 1, Daring 1 and USA 1 are about as cool as Timelys get. The ever changing line-ups of weird, wonderful characters are what the golden age was all about to me. Overpriced? Maybe a little in mid-grade. But uncool - absolutely not.

Many of the Schomburg MMCs and Caps are overpriced in the market IMHO. Seems like the floor for many of these in the 30s & 40s is nearing $1K, and when you see 6.0s and 6.5s bring $4-5K, that just seems out of line for what you could comparably find for that kind of money.

Granted, not all of them are bringing that.

There is something very cool about Human Torch #1. Would not put that into the overpriced category. Not True with Mystic #1, Daring Mystery #1, Marvel #2, USA #1, Tough Kid Squad #1...etc

I may be reading your post wrong, but if you are saying that Mystic #1, Daring #1, Marvel #2 and USA #1 are not very cool then I have to disagree.

In fact I would say that Mystic 1, Daring 1 and USA 1 are about as cool as Timelys get. The ever changing line-ups of weird, wonderful characters are what the golden age was all about to me. Overpriced? Maybe a little in mid-grade. But uncool - absolutely not.

Are you implying that this book is not cool, Richard?

:baiting:

MarvelMysteryComics2CGC8_5oww.jpg

That's the way I read it, and responded accordingly

That's the way I read it, and responded accordingly

I love daring 1 almost most of all

Are you implying that this book is not cool, Richard?

:baiting:

MarvelMysteryComics2CGC8_5oww.jpg

A very cool book :whee:

C'mon what are they, the 6th biggest GA publisher at the most? They're all overpriced :baiting:

It's like asking what's the most undervalued Pacific Comics title or Antarctic Press title ?

It's all supply and demand. Demand exceeds supply for Timelys and for some highly coveted issues, FAR exceeds demand-- hence the huge multiples to guide.

As for Pacific or Antarctic Press titles, well, the opposite may hold true...

Daring Mystery is one of the best covers of the Golden Age, my personal favorite.

Bruce

Where does the Marvel 132 page book fit?
not enough sales, I suspect (shrug)

Seems like a candidate for underpriced, but I guess it needs more sales.

there have been a few that have sold at strong prices (or at least the asking prices were strong)... just not sure enough folks even know about it to make it under or overvalued...but what the heck do I know lol