• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

it's that time of the month- post your CLINK wins/heartbreaks

620 posts in this topic

OK...why exactly did a bunch of "the market is softening" posts get yanked from this thread? I'm thinking that the reality of the realized prices isn't editable...so I'm not sure why our editorial of those prices in this thread should be. ???

The mods effed up - I posted an FF112 that I won at the auction without any commentary (other than it was really hard to find a nice high grade copy with excellent centering), and my post was also yanked. doh!

Mine was too! and it looks like clink have taken off the march auction preview( well! i cant find it now, and i was looking at it the other night) , in case bidders think, i can always wait for this book in next months auction. It's all getting very cloak and daggerish. lol

OK...why exactly did a bunch of "the market is softening" posts get yanked from this thread? I'm thinking that the reality of the realized prices isn't editable...so I'm not sure why our editorial of those prices in this thread should be. ???

Yeah, they absolutely butchered this thread.

You know, its not often I care to grace the boards with my insightful commentary, but when I do, I expect it to stay around for a while.

Boo on the Mods for caving in on commentary that is nothing more than an analysis of real-time events. No agendas. No policitical rhetoric. No one harmed. Its a buyer's market...is that fact really so disturbing it needs to be covered up?

For shame....

Jeez, some of you guys have been here longer than me but seem befuddled at the yanked posts.

As the Mods have explained ad nauseum (to me at least), when posting arises that they deem necessary to remove, otherwise acceptable posts in the vicinity of the questionable posts(s) are pulled, too. They don’t have the time or resources to surgically remove individual pottymouth comments. I’ve had completely innocuous posts pulled for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Whine Festival! :banana:

:baiting:

I should add that I missed the yanked posts, but am assuming that somewhere Clink's/Josh's rep was being impugned. (Which has also resulted in yanked posts in the past.)

It most likely had to do with blaming a certain entity for the realized prices and not the realized prices themselves....and all the posts related got yanked in the process... :shrug:

Yea, it makes no sense to blame Josh for the market. But they yanked the posts blaming all of this on Canada...THAT was heading towards some inconvenient truths in need of further exploration... hm

It nothing inconvenient about it. Everybody knows that the puppet master (Canada) stands above the puppet (USA).

:whistle:

Copy Guy: They're not even a real country anyway . . .

:roflmao:

i'm blaming the artist formerly known as SOT. my benign posts and greggy's mocking me survived.

I blame the US.

Posted by request. Again.

93590.gif.24a62a4294dc69a46d2b86ed7a7b630f.gif

by encouraging buyers to factor that in to their bids.

if you are willing to pay $500 for a book, you bid $418.

pretty simple.

again...it is not the buyers who get screwed by heritage's "buyer's premiums" it is the seller, as they lose ~20% of the hammer price.

well, not the smart buyers. the stupid ones are pretty much getting what they deserve

Good for me my erroneous information was erased, which gives me an opportunity to post the corrected final sales prices...hey, it's internet recorded information...you can look it up...

ASM 19 9.4 $1016 won by JiveTurkey

ASM 20 9.0 $930

ASM 22 9.4 $1877

ASM 24 9.4 $1633

ASM 30 9.4 $1127

ASM 30 9.2 $625

ASM 36 9.2 $476

ASM 38 9.2 $358

ASM 45 9.4 $436

ASM 47 9.4 $386

ASM 49 9.4 $482

ASM 51 9.4 $765

ASM 54 9.4w $405

ASM 57 9.4w $325

ASM 59 9.8 $1400

ASM 60 9.4 $533

ASM 61 9.6 $650

ASM 63 9.4w $801 Cleveland

ASM 64 9.8w $1037

ASM 68 9.6w $477

ASM 69 9.6w $617

ASM 72 9.6w $1701

ASM 73 9.8 $901

ASM 73 9.6 $415

ASM 77 9.6 $900

ASM 77 9.4 $333

ASM 81 9.6 $366

ASM 82 9.6 $425

ASM 83 9.6w $342

ASM 86 9.4 $1101

ASM 88 9.6 $651

ASM 89 9.6 $827

ASM 91 9.6w $358

ASM 92 9.6w $462

ASM 95 9.6w $344

ASM 96 9.4 $300

ASM 97 9.8 $1133

ASM 100 9.8w $1700

ASM 100 9.6w $476

And a couple of FF about $75-100 below GPA (or roughly 25-33% discounted)

FF 36 9.0 $275

FF 38 9.2 $292

In my final analysis, the "carnage" isn't as bad as I was thinking...but there are some definite eye-openers and a few books received some serious beat-downs...

My conclusions...

ASM non-key, especially issues 51-100, have corrected down approx. 25-33%, in some cases approx. 50%, whereas 9.6 is now valued at last year's 9.4

ASM 9.8s, with plentiful numbers, have seriously corrected to what I would call the proper tiered pricing. People that paid 4-10x 9.4/9.6 prices in the last year's are feeling the pain!

Serious discounts of relatively scarce HG copies, such as ASM 51, 60, 63 suggest these book values have halved from peak 2009 values...

I believe pressing, whether real or perception, has had a serious impact, especially on SA non-keys, ASM especially, that being the most popular title...

Sure it's one auction is a constant stream, but I believe these are the signs of a correction to, in some cases, pre-2008 prices, and certainly pre-2009 prices...it will be interesting in the remaining 2010 first half to see where things settle out to...

Is GPA the new OSPG? Whereby the seller will now be forced to announce...such and such book at 70% GPA... :insane::o

The mods effed up - I posted an FF112 that I won at the auction without any commentary (other than it was really hard to find a nice high grade copy with excellent centering), and my post was also yanked. doh!

I believe they delete a range of posts, starting at to ending at, so there will be some collateral damage to legit posts like yours. I absolutely understand this as it would be much too difficult and time consuming to analyze each post.

trmoore do you think this is just the correction in prices everyone was talking about before or is it a lack of interest in the issues being offered? A case of people who want them have them already? or external economic difficulties to the everyday consumer being reflected into the comic book market? or canada's fault?

the amount of people that HAVE money to spend on high grade comics are limited and as long as supplies keep increasing...naturally prices will come down...blame it on pressing, blame it on more raw books discovered/sub or something else. The law of supply and demand is doing its natural DEselection.

trmoore do you think this is just the correction in prices everyone was talking about before or is it a lack of interest in the issues being offered? A case of people who want them have them already? or external economic difficulties to the everyday consumer being reflected into the comic book market? or canada's fault?

It's a combination of things. Obviously Canada is unimpeachable in all matters.

The teflon country.

i'm blaming the artist formerly known as SOT. my benign posts and greggy's mocking me survived.

I blame the US.

Posted by request. Again.

93590.gif

That's the most accurate world map I've ever seen, PARTICULARLY for Europe. The area north of the US is screwed up though...people do actually live there, they just wish they didn't. :gossip: