• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

it's that time of the month- post your CLINK wins/heartbreaks

620 posts in this topic

Do people really have "keepers" anymore. Are they buying long term to fill a set, run, collection love of the book. Or are we seeing alot of the short term investors and flipping going on that screwing with the prices like the housing market?

If tax is (not that I disagree) is a factor then I wouldn't want to consign big books until after April.

Summertime is probably prime comic book sales time...that's when the new superhero movies typically come out to lather everyone into a frenzy. :popcorn:

I'm rather hoping for a full down year, I need a nice AF15 and can always use some nice, new upgrades. :cloud9:

So its a buyers market right now. So do the majority of you think this is a good thing for the comic hobby or will people scoop up these for cheap and hurt the overall pursuit of back issues or will they just migrate over to other titles?

It's fine. If you find it disturbing, you were probably a consignor and you took an assreaming, in which case, OOPS, SORRY! That's just how the free market cookie crumbles! :blush: If you otherwise see it as a sign of some kind of impending doom...you're too focused on the monetary aspect of the hobby.

Actually Im neither. Im a strange fellow how enjoys the art of the comics too much and has a hard time focusing on one title. I have my favorites but thanks to you guys you open my eyes to new things all the time. Do I care that I spend $50 for a book and next week its selling for $2 yes. But Im not look at $$$ long term. I ll keep 99% of what I gt till my kids decide to either sell it, draw on it, give it away or use it for the fireplace.

Do people really have "keepers" anymore. Are they buying long term to fill a set, run, collection love of the book. Or are we seeing alot of the short term investors and flipping going on that screwing with the prices like the housing market?

I think there is a mixture of both longtime collectors and flippers. It's just that the flippers are more visible, while long time collectors tend to be more reserved in displaying their collections.

Taxes, x-mas credit card bills, etc.,. are not the reason prices were soft in this auction. The plethora of material made available since Jan 1st is (all the auctions from Heritage, Clink, Comicconnect, Qualitycomix, etc.,.), in conjunction with the explosion of availability of high grade books (probably due to pressing).

The census increase in HG late SA and BA books since last year is really kinda staggering, and I doubt that prices for these books will ever recover their GPA highs from last year. (shrug)

Cobra Commander (SOT) got a strike for masking, probably in this thread where he was simply irate at the prices, berating Josh, calling for reductions in commissions, etc.,. It was actually kinda weird how made he was, but that's why his posts were deleted, which took along any posts responding directly to his posts (collateral damage).

I understand that its more practical to just do a mass deletion of posts, then to pick and choose, but I'm still baffled what warranted being deleted in the first place? You would think the presence of bargains would encourage people reading this thread to go to the auction and actually bid on a few books they might not have thought they could win otherwise.

The fact the posts got deleted isn't going to make the consignment checks look any more palatable to the sellers, and the results themselves (fully searchable on C-link) will take care of anyone that still has a hard-on to consign to the next auction, so what gives?

You can bash Pedigree, Showcase NE, Quality Comics or anyone else.

But you can't bash Comic Link.

^^

it is a good time to buy comics when prices are falling but do not be too quick to rush

in and catch a falling knife. It is times like this that the investors may think the party

is over and liquidate more and more material resulting in even lower prices. The collectors

who are left pick up the pieces and sometimes it will take many many years for prices

to ever get back to where they were. Sometimes never.

my two cents.

Very depressing thread. I look at the bright side, now I might be able to afford real gems from comic history and be able to hold them in my hand and enjoy them.

I think it's finally a fun time to be buying again. The last two years of huge prices made it really hard and costly to fill holes in my collection. Now, I'm just happy to pick up the books at far more reasonable prices.

As someone previously mentioned, getting paid via PP immediately following close of auction, or certainly within 24 hours, on eBay is a SIGNIFICANT factor to consider. Waiting 30+ days for a payment unless you're selling week in and week out with a cash-stream is a real detriment to me... 2c

will the trend continue tonight?

Flash prices look about right,

some nice GL

Human Torch GA

lot's of Hulk #1

a few Iron Man

Several nice JIM

a few jumbo lot's of jungle

JLA

HG Marvel Mystery

MFC 52 restored 7.5 MP

a few PEPS & a Phantom Lady17

some Planet Comics & Ranger Comics

a few Sensations

some Showcase and Silver Surfers

A special edition U.S. Navy Action Comic, 7.0 nice

a few Startling Comics

ending with lot's of Strange Tales

As someone previously mentioned, getting paid via PP immediately following close of auction, or certainly within 24 hours, on eBay is a SIGNIFICANT factor to consider. Waiting 30+ days for a payment unless you're selling week in and week out with a cash-stream is a real detriment to me... 2c

Ebay seems to be a good place to sell and buy

Well I would say that Ebay is a good place to buy only. Other then the fact that they have the right amount of traffic for people browsing the wares, everything else works against the sellers.

Well I would say that Ebay is a good place to buy only. Other then the fact that they have the right amount of traffic for people browsing the wares, everything else works against the sellers.

I would add that unless you have a proven track record of selling on Ebay you would probably realize lower prices than with the auction houses. The sellers on Ebay with minimal selling experince are often getting hammered 2c

I would add that unless you have a proven track record of selling on Ebay you would probably realize lower prices than with the auction houses. The sellers on Ebay with minimal selling experince are often getting hammered 2c

i beg to differ. auction houses has too many HG books listed and it turns into a cluster , eBay is not like that and a potential bidder can zone into certain books, instead of being overwhelmed.

Very depressing thread. I look at the bright side, now I might be able to afford real gems from comic history and be able to hold them in my hand and enjoy them.

I think it's finally a fun time to be buying again. The last two years of huge prices made it really hard and costly to fill holes in my collection. Now, I'm just happy to pick up the books at far more reasonable prices.

Agreed. Snagging a nice looking book at a GPA low is something to be happy about. If this persists, I might have to start buying Marvels again. hm