• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Coin-op Video Games

96 posts in this topic

There are several from the 80's that I'd love to own, but I'll probably never have the disposable cash to go after them. Also, I've wondered about the cost of fixing them when they break down and who is even available to repair them these days?

There are several from the 80's that I'd love to own, but I'll probably never have the disposable cash to go after them. Also, I've wondered about the cost of fixing them when they break down and who is even available to repair them these days?

Repair costs are pretty nominal if you do it yourself .. as long as what needs repairing are controls. Happ Controls are a good source for that. Monitors are pricey though. As far as the boards go, you can usually find a board for a nice price.

A friend of mine picked up a Galaga cocktail in working order at an auction for $250 or so I think it was. I passed up (and am still kicking myself) a Centipede cocktail that was GORGEOUS and only went for $200 doh!

Personally, I'm more interested in building a cab and control board for a MAME machine .. I have the plans, PC, software, controls, everything but the wood and the motivation lol

My brother in law is into this. He has working versions of Bad Dudes, Star Trek, and I believe one other that places in the same cabinet as Bad Dudes.

dude!!!!! bad dudes was one of my fav!!!

are you a bad enough dude!?!

I don't know where you are located, but there is a guy about an hour west of Chicago who deals in everything along these lines. Juke boxes, pinball machines, coin-op video games, and video poker and slot machines.

If this does you any good, I'll make a call and get specifics.

Build a MAME machine! M.A.M.E. stands for Multiple Arcade Machnie Emulator. You can basically 'emulate' thousands of arcade machines on one machine.

I built my Captain Americade about 5 years back. Pretty fun project and its a BLAST at a party!! Has over 5,000 arcade games from Asteroids to some of the latest games and everything in between. The menu screen has the music from the Matrix, which is freaking sweet!

I am going to have a blast in about 10 years building another when my kids are a bit older.

Front of my Captain Americade, notice the drink holders on the side... :banana:

4369963803_8c60544fd6_o.jpg

4370713088_e83c3ace47_b.jpg

Control panel overlay with GA Cap books #1 through about 60

4369963789_a91a02dce7_o.jpg

This is what my game menu looks like

4370781072_7dc14e0f22_o.jpg

Build a MAME machine! M.A.M.E. stands for Multiple Arcade Machnie Emulator. You can basically 'emulate' thousands of arcade machines on one machine.

I built my Captain Americade about 5 years back. Pretty fun project and its a BLAST at a party!! Has over 5,000 arcade games from Asteroids to some of the latest games and everything in between. The menu screen has the music from the Matrix, which is freaking sweet!

I am going to have a blast in about 10 years building another when my kids are a bit older.

That is so so cool. Looks great and can play 5000 games (worship) man, that would be fun at a party.

That is awesome.

I have always wanted an arcade game. I had the chance a couple of years ago to get some when a local Arcade Center went to auction, but the guy that bought the building really wanted the games and they were bid up really high for the shape they were in.

I think if I spend the money to get something nice it will be a pinball machine. I love playing pinball.

That is so so cool. Looks great and can play 5000 games (worship) man, that would be fun at a party.

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) that deserves a handful of little dudes bowing down. I think I know what my next pet project is going to be.