• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm now TopDog in Campbell CAlifornia, my new AF15 CGC 6.0 OW unrestored

44 posts in this topic

That's a pretty book.

Don't you hate it when you get a cool comic and you want to bring it to work and show everyone, only to realize you'd get a ??? from everyone?

lol

Funny thing is, there is a VP level guy at my work that is a bigger comic fan than me...

That's a pretty book.

Don't you hate it when you get a cool comic and you want to bring it to work and show everyone, only to realize you'd get a ??? from everyone?

lol

Funny thing is, there is a VP level guy at my work that is a bigger comic fan than me...

My old boss, the one who hired me at Benz years ago, is an avid ASM collector.

Still, they are few and far between and bringing your grail to work because you're excited never seems to satisfy like a nice, solid geekfest at a con.

congrats! but alan bahr will always be top dog in campbell, ca.

Alan Bahr is king of Campbell, CA

I credit his shop for reintroducing me to this hobby when i first started working in 2003. I work 3 lights from his comic shop. Anyone who happens to be in the san jose or campbell area, come down and check it out!

http://www.heroescomicbooks.com/

Congratulations on a really sweet book. (thumbs u

And welcome to the AF15 Club! I got my 6.0 almost two years ago and I probably pull it out a couple of times a week to just stare at it. I think at least 5 of the 25 universal 6.0s belong to boardies now.

Very sweet book!

FWIW, I figured out a while ago that a good thing to tell people when you do one of those "Something people do not know about you" exercises in a team building/new employee situation is that I collect comics. Most people will say they read them as a kid or like the movies, AND it has led to a couple of chats with people that have collections/their parent's collection. I have not closed any of them yet, but they said when they get around to it they will let me know. :wishluck:

The only downside I can see is what price I offer in the end - how can you gouge a co-worker that you have to keep a good relationship with? lol

That's a pretty book.

lol

:signfunny: I get that all the time!!! But I force them to listen. And if they don't I beat them with a cracked slab.

That's a pretty book.

lol

:signfunny: I get that all the time!!! But I force them to listen. And if they don't I beat them with a cracked slab.

My co-workers eventually "got it" but you still wonder if they talk about you after you leave.

:gossip:Can you believe he spent $X on that turd?

only today did my co-workers realize the value of buying comics. they always used to carp on me for buying comics, waste of money, etc etc doh!

My co-workers often ask why I work so much overtime. I'm not afraid to admit, in public, at work, in the dark, at the park, that I collect comics and spend stupid amounts of $$ on the hobby. If they show any interest I bring in a few books the next day. I'm sure some think I'm a fool but most seem to think it is cool and almost all of them are impressed with an early appearance of Spiderman or other recognizable hero.