• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 sells for $1 MILLION dollars... but who cares ?

106 posts in this topic

who cares

Maybe you should be rephrase this to 'I don't care' ? Just sayin' :)

How can you not care about Action 1 hitting the 1M mark? You collect comic art, right?

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and I dont begrudge anybody's opinion even if I disagree. I think this Action 1 is very interesting and relevant to OA

Didn't you also think china was relevant to OA as well?

Impressive and relavant to the OA market. Doesn't the high tide raise all the ships? It's a psychological barrier as much as a monetary one. We don't live in a vacum. OA being the next closest realation to comc books, has to feel it somewhwere down the line. As does many other collector hobbies. I know we had a Frazetta painting sell recently for 1 million. Coincidence that not much after a comic sold for that fiqure? Maybe, but maybe not. People in the collecting community have assimliated this number into their consciousness. It has sunken in. It makes me wonder, and I'm solicting feedback. What will be the first million dollar sale of a COMIC BOOK piece of OA? What (I am guesing it would be a cover?) single piece of art stands the best bet? A early FF or Spider-man cover?

It will be interesting to see if any FF or Spidey covers find their way onto the market and the prices these pieces would reach. I know people get upset when posters merely talk about prices and merely pumping the market. So let me just say that I do not care if OA reaches millions and millions of dollars per Silver Age super hero cover. I just think this hobby - comic books and original comic art is the schnizel. The Art and the comic book media stands on its own merit. AMAZING

I must say that I am impressed

But it may be because I collect CGC books

I think its a milestone, in that I remember when $100,000 was considered amazing for an Action 1

It is a pretty book and I have had that type of coin, I would love to be a buyer

KK, you're trying so hard to be the anti-KK that it's obvious you're KK! :roflmao:

If the art to the complete story to AF 15 had been available, would that have topped a $million?

Not only i'm I impressed at the sale of of a 8.0 Action comics 1 at $1 Mill, but also the global publicity that it has garnered, To be watching that on the national news in the UK, certainly impressed me.

I must say that I am impressed

But it may be because I collect CGC books

I think its a milestone, in that I remember when $100,000 was considered amazing for an Action 1

It is a pretty book and I have had that type of coin, I would love to be a buyer

KK, you're trying so hard to be the anti-KK that it's obvious you're KK! :roflmao:

Who is this KK you speak of ;)

Seriously, why does eveybody keep thinking I am KK ? ? ? What an impression he has left on this board

Off to work - see u later tonight chowder-heads

What is the record for a single piece of OA from a comic book?
I'm wondering about this myself. Most likely, there are huge sales that go unreported.

Wasn't Parino shopping a Subby page from MM1 a few years back for crazy money?

Didn`t it sell on Heritage a few years ago?

publicly I don't think so? Think the 200k mark is the public record for pure comic book oa (as opposed to frazetta paintings etc which are book covers mostly). Privately I don't know but publicly I don't think there's been anything above about 200k

Doesn't the cover to Superman 14 exist? If I had to pick one page to break that bank (that is known to exist), that might be it.

superheroes_Superman14.jpg

:o:cloud9:

What's the story behind that?

what's his face owns it. jerry robinson maybe? one of the old time dc guys saved up a collection of art over the years.

Doesn't the cover to Superman 14 exist? If I had to pick one page to break that bank (that is known to exist), that might be it.

superheroes_Superman14.jpg

:o:cloud9:

What's the story behind that?

what's his face owns it. jerry robinson maybe? one of the old time dc guys saved up a collection of art over the years.

Jerry Robinson owns a number of classic covers including Superman 14.

publicly I don't think so? Think the 200k mark is the public record for pure comic book oa (as opposed to frazetta paintings etc which are book covers mostly). Privately I don't know but publicly I don't think there's been anything above about 200k
I believe there have been sales of European comic art above 500k (we had a thread last year about a variety of high dollar sales).

The problem with OA sales is that there simply isnt alot of supply, so maybe 1 or 2 quality pieces that can break new records get allowed on the public market every few years. Alot of sales takes place behind closed doors in private transactions. Maybe if a blue chip piece finds its way onto the market then a new high for OA could be reached. But these occurences are very rare.