• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible candidates for Captain America

82 posts in this topic

His name eludes me at the moment, but I was thinking the guy from Human Target.

:golfclap: Actually you hit the nail on the head! He definitely looks the part and with all the fight scenes in Human Target I think he has the moves too! Just needs to bulk up a bit more.

I hope not. That guy is real short. He's like 5'5 or something. They need to find someone at least 6 ft for the role.

Actually, the primary consideration should be...has the guy got the acting chops to pull this off?

Forget age, height, weight, hair colour, etc., etc. These factors will not make it a good film.

However, getting somebody who can walk the fine line between stone-faced cliche and camp hilarity is going to be the problem. Robert Downey Jnr did it, Ben Affleck didn't. Hugh Jackman did it, Brandon Routh didn't.

Looking the part is only a tiny factor in pulling the role off, IMHO.

Actually, the primary consideration should be...has the guy got the acting chops to pull this off?

Forget age, height, weight, hair colour, etc., etc. These factors will not make it a good film.

However, getting somebody who can walk the fine line between stone-faced cliche and camp hilarity is going to be the problem. Robert Downey Jnr did it, Ben Affleck didn't. Hugh Jackman did it, Brandon Routh didn't.

Agree 100%. Looking the part can be "fixed" with makeup, a work out routine and CGI.

People never talk about the Ant-Man casting but I really would love to see Zach Braff as Hank Pym.

:sick:

:sorry:

Somebody here must like this idea. I'm thinking the Zach Braff we saw in Garden State, not the scrubs version. Although Scrubs rocks! :headbang:

People never talk about the Ant-Man casting but I really would love to see Zach Braff as Hank Pym.

Somebody here must like this idea. I'm thinking the Zach Braff we saw in Garden State, not the scrubs version. Although Scrubs rocks! :headbang:

If he can be more serious in the role then it might work and Scrubs is great!

I could be down with the guy from Smallville, especially as an early Cap A. I'm fairly certain thats the one that plays Green Arrow. The dude is pretty ripped up. The problem I have is that once Cap makes it to the Avengers. Being team leader, whoever is playing him will have to have a bigger presence than Sam Jackson, Ed Norton, whoever they get to play Thor, and Robert Downey Jr.

That will be tough if you are a relative newcomer

Agree 100%. Looking the part can be "fixed" with makeup, a work out routine and CGI.

Did anyone think Michael Keaton would pull off Batman? I didn't, till I saw it.

If he can be more serious in the role then it might work and Scrubs is great!

Maybe Tom Cruise? He's already half ways to being ant size?

I could be down with the guy from Smallville, especially as an early Cap A. I'm fairly certain thats the one that plays Green Arrow. The dude is pretty ripped up. The problem I have is that once Cap makes it to the Avengers. Being team leader, whoever is playing him will have to have a bigger presence than Sam Jackson, Ed Norton, whoever they get to play Thor, and Robert Downey Jr.

That will be tough if you are a relative newcomer

Exactly. You're going to need a major player to command the screen in that sort of company. Guys from Smallville/Human Target/Prison Break/The ing Office just ain't going to cut it. doh!

:news: Marvel announces a new direction for Catain America movie. Super-soldier serum mishap turns steve Rogers into a woman. Kelly Brooks slated to play lead. :news:

:o

I'd buy that for a dollar! :whee:

I assume it's being retitled 'Captain America: The Story Of Stephen/Stephanie'?