• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Comic Convention May 2, 2010

43 posts in this topic

Anyone know if CGC will be there?

Not for Sig. Series, I just have some books I'd like to submit. I wouldn't need them back on-site; would just like to hand them over to someone in person.

Hey guys!

I thought you might like to see our Top Cow Exclusive!

Only 1,000 will be available at the show, with a JG JONES exclusive cover!

Featuring the Washington Monument!

Here it is :

witchbladecolorlg.jpg

only $5 each! Limit 1!

More info is at the newly updated website: www.DcComicon.com

The con was good! I'll have a report and pics up later. :)

Any decent vintage stuff?

Any decent vintage stuff?

Actually, yes! I saw a lot of GA and SA books, and a good selection of others as well.

I'm working on getting a couple Jo Chen sketches. I wasn't prepared today... should have bought a couple of my Marvel Project blank sketch books with me.. I got her contact info, so I'm going to mail her the books to have sketches done on them. :applause:

I had a good time there. Brought my wife (she wore her Super-Obama shirt. That shirt got her a ton of good comments from people at the show as well as at Wegman's afterwards) with me and I think she was bored out of her skull 5 minutes into it.. maybe 10. I'm pretty sure I saw BL around.. Saw a short Jughead hat so I figured that was you. Lost track of you so couldn't say Hi.

Got greeted right at the door from one of the Laughing Ogre owners. Super nice guy haven't been in his shop since I moved to DCBS but he remembered me.

My goal was for some McFarlane ASMs and got 5 of em. I got 10 or 11 more to go. I bought them from where Mark of EsquireComics was set up. He was talking to someone so I figured I'd swing back around.. again didn't see him. I swear I showered today.. why did everyone hide from me?

Melissa actually stopped by Jo Chen's table and picked up a print. Surprisingly it wasn't a Buffy themed print. She likes it and was happy to support a female comic creator.

Waiting is SUCH an inconvenience (tsk) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I had a great time! Saw the benefits of having it on a college campus, even though it was a pain to get to from center city DC--by noon the place was packed with college students who would never have wandered in were it not in their backyard.

Decent selection of books across the board too. I missed out on a Fine Startling # 11 that Tomorrow's Treasures sold to a guy immediately in front of me, but picked up a few slabbed Black Terrors, a fine Jonah Hex 1 ($10), and a handful of VG-F Silver Age books for $3 a piece.

Best yet, I traded for a VG copy of Hulk of Hulk 182 that I then got signed and personalized to me by penciller Herb Trimpe!

Good times and good friends all the way around.